Saturday, July 17, 2010

Tournament Report 7/17/10

Okay, so this is going to be the last time I use my Genex Control deck.

Ironically, though, I got a Duel Terminal Genex Undine from my Round 2 opponent from last week. The kid I played in Round 2 of this tournament said that he had a Duel Terminal Genex Undine, but he didn't have it with him. When Hidden Arsenal 2 is released, I can make a full-on Genex deck, for fun, of course.

Round 1: vs Newbie Blackwings

This was my opponent from Round 5 of this tournament. I won both duels because I kept drawing multiple Rai-Ohs.

Round 2: vs Newbie Ancient Gears

This was my opponent from Round 4 of this tournament. His Scrubbed Raid was annoying, but I removed it with Caius/bounced it with Brionac to beat him.

Round 3: vs Frog FTK

This was my opponent from Round 5 of this tournament, Round 1 of this tournament, and Round 2 of this tournament. I knew that he was playing Frog FTK and played appropriately from the beginning.

-Duel 1: I messed up his first Substitoad by stealing it with Enemy Controller, I killed his second one with Solemn Judgment, but he had the third one in hand to dump his deck into his Graveyard. I used Mystical Space Typhoon on his first Mass Driver, and I had Smashing Grounds and Infernity Doom Dragon to deal with his Dupe Frogs. But, he drew into his second Mass Driver to kill me.
-Duel 2: I sided 10 cards for this, and I drew three of them in the starting hand. I set Royal Oppression, Cloak and Dagger, and some other Trap. It didn't matter, since he had Giant Trunade, One for One, Substitoad, and Mass Driver in his starting hand. He showed me that play and I scooped.

At this point, I knew that I wouldn't get that much store credit if I topped, so I bought the two Vayus I needed for the new deck.

Round 4: vs X-Sabers

This was the annoying lucky guy who barely knows the rules. I knew that even if he drew amazingly, I could still win, because he would misplay.

-Duel 1: I controlled the game for a while, but then he made a big play, ending with Pashuul, Boggart Knight, Fulhelmknight, Brionac, and Faultroll on the field. He bounced my face-up Snowman Eater with Brionac, then he attacked with the two weakers Monsters and I let it through. Then, I activated Scapegoat to block the three stronger attackers, leaving one token behind. He Synchroed for Hyunlei and Gottoms with his X-Sabers, and ended. I revived Treeborn Frog and Normal Summoned Genex Controller to Synchro for Catastor. Catastor ended up killing all of his Monsters and I won from there.
-Duel 2: I drew a bunch of Traps, but he had Giant Trunade and Heavy Storm. He killed me in three turns.
-Duel 3: I Synchroed for Thought Ruler Archfiend (Dragon Ice and Genex Controller) to get over his Cyber Dragon and gain LP. That Thought Ruler ended up bringing me from 7100 LP to 14800 LP, since he couldn't stop its rampage. It was actually on the field for most of the game, and finished off his last 2000-something LP after negating his last hope: Book of Moon.

Round 5: vs Frog Monarchs

This was my opponent from Round 5 of this tournament.

-Duel 1: He had a bunch of Raizas to lock my draw, and I couldn't stop it.
-Duel 2: I summoned Undine to get Controller and passed. He started with a set Monster and a set back row. I Synchro Summoned Goyo Guardian and stole his Dupe Frog. He used Soul Exchange on my Goyo to summon Caius and remove my Treeborn Frog. But, I used Smashing Ground and kept poking with a second Undine and Spirit Reaper. He pulled off the Dupe Frog/Substitoad lock, but I used Mist Wurm to return his two Monsters to his hand. He had Raiza to play next turn, but I had been holding Brain Control since the beginning of the duel. He was low on life, so I played it, and he scooped. His set back row was on the field since his first turn, and it locked his Treeborn Frogs. I assume that it was a Twister, but I don't side Mask of Restrict, so he couldn't use it.
-Duel 3: I was forced to use Compulsory Evacuation Device on his Gorz, but he had two Battle Faders to protect him. I kept killing his Monarchs and making small pushes, but I ran out of cards after a while. He kept attacking with one Caius for a few turns, and I kept setting the Traps I drew: Crevice Into the Different Dimension, Solemn Judgment, and Bottomless Trap Hole. He could've attacked for game with Caius, but he tried to play Light and Darkness Dragon to stop my Traps. I negated its summon with Solemn Judgment and killed the Caius he brought out with Bottomless. I was top-decking and I drew a Gale, which was not helpful in that situation. He summoned a Raiza to spin it away and I scooped.

I ended up going 3-2 and getting 7th, with both of my losses being to Frogs. Ergh, I side 8 cards against Frog Monarchs and 10 against Frog FTK and I still lose to them. It's really annoying...

My Turbo Pack made me happy, though. This was the first week where my locals had Turbo Pack 3, and I pulled the Ultra Rare Dark Grepher. If only it was Dark End Dragon... Regardless, it looks very nice, but was kind of annoying, since I have three Super Rare Dark Grephers. I can still sell/trade it or something...

I also bought the Armed Wing I needed for the new deck. One of my friend's friends is going to sell me the last few Blackwings I need, so hopefully I'll have my new deck soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.