Sunday, December 13, 2009

Tournament Report 12/13/09

In this broken meta, it's hard to win without playing a top tier deck. Some of the guys at the card shop were even relating this meta to the Tele-DAD days.

So, to have a chance at winning, I played a fairly uncreative Zombie variant, Telekinetic Zombies. It's basically just Zombie Synchro that uses Krebons, Emergency Teleport, and Telekinetic Power Well. Telekinetic Power Well can set up big plays by Special Summoning multiple Krebons from the Graveyard at the small cost of 600 LP per Krebons.

By the way, I bought a Mist Wurm. It was very useless during the tournament. Brionac is much better, but that should be obvious.

Round 1: vs Blackwings

-Duel 1: My opponent had this game, but he misplayed, allowing me to drop Gorz, which won me the game.
-Duel 2: I basically had control for the entire duel and won.

Round 2: vs Blackwings

This guy was better than my last opponent, but he was pretty unlucky.

-Duel 1: He no Black Whirlwinds. That basically spells "scoop" for Blackwings.
-Duel 2: Again, he got no Black Whirlwinds. I kept drawing Trap Hole/Bottomless Trap Hole to get rid of all of his Monsters. I OTK'd him in the end, playing around a possible Gorz, which he told me afterward he didn't have.

Round 3: Diva Zombies

My opponent was a pretty cool guy. We joked around; I told him to side out one Deep Sea Diva, since drawing two is bad, and he told to not play Tragoedia.

-Duel 1: He went for an OTK, but I had Tragoedia. I was forced to go for an OTK, playing around a possible Tragoedia. He would've won if I didn't beat him that turn.
-Duel 2: I drew badly, and he was able to take control and win.
-Duel 3: We both drew badly. He dropped Gorz, and I was forced to suicide my Zombie Master into his Token so I could drop Dark Armed Dragon. He scooped when I started for an OTK the next turn.

Round 4: vs Lightsworn

-Duel 1: He barely milled any Lightsworn, but he did mill Plaguespreader Zombie. I summoned Zombie Master, discarded Mezuki, stole his Plaguespreader, and went for Doomkaiser Dragon. I stole his Plaguespreader again so I could Synchro for Stardust Dragon. I basically harassed him with his own Plaguespreader.
-Duel 2: He got a bunch of free cards, as Lightsworn sometimes do, and I was ready to give up. However, he misplayed, locking his own field with 5 Monsters. He didn't have Celestia, and decked out two turns later.

Round 5: vs Blackwings

I don't know why everyone is still playing Blackwings. They're just like Six Samurai with Black Whirlwind... Regardless, being in the Finals, we agreed to split. If I won, I'd get 12 packs. If I lost, I'd get 8 and a Hobby League card.

-Duel 1: I didn't draw well and couldn't do much. He was basically in control the entire duel.
-Duel 2: Double Black Whirlwind spells "scoop" for someone playing against Blackwings. Oh, and Trap Dustshoot is pretty broken, too.

So, I went 4-1, and got 2nd place, which is good. I pulled Explosive Magician (Ultimate), Reptilianne Hydra, and Blackwing - Silverwind the Ascendant (Ultra). More importantly, though, I pulled a third Gemini Spark! I also bought three Warrior's Strike Structure Decks, so expect to see a Gemini deck, eventually.

I'm not planning on playing this deck again. The plays take forever to think of and it draws dead too often. I want to go back to Junk and Debris, I just need to find a good build that can abuse Tragoedia...

4 comments:

  1. At my locals, they just have as many rounds as needed until only one person is undefeated. It's just to save time, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you post your deck list for the zombie deck variant?my cousin is trying to build one but we are both struggling to find a good build

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably post my Telekinetic Zombies deck list after I retire it. If you want it sooner, you could PM me on YouTube and I would be happy to send it to you.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.