Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tournament Report 12/27/09

I went to another tournament with Zombies. I was using the Emergency Teleport engine, but I also mained a couple of Thunder King Rai-Ohs, which helped a lot.

I was able to pick up a second Brionac, since it's not limited yet, and a couple Fortune's Futures. Yes, Fortune's Futures. I'm trying to make a Fortune Lady deck that doesn't rely on Future Visions, but that's a story for another day.

Round 1: vs Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode

This match made me consider siding Lava Golems...

-Duel 1: My opponent was able to summon SD/AM, and I couldn't do much to stop it.
-Duel 2: He drew counters to everything I had.

Round 2: vs Lightsworn Earthbound Immortals

This guy was running a Lightsworn engine, he used Magical Citadel of Endymion as his Field Spell, and had stuff like Dark Creator to revive his milled Earthbounds. He was also using a bunch of token cards.

-Duel 1: We sat there for a few turns, not doing much. After a while, though, I dropped Tragoedia and OTK'd him.
-Duel 2: I OTK'd him.

Round 3: vs Monarch Oppression

-Duel 1: I won.
-Duel 2: He misplayed, I won.

Round 4: vs Plants

-Duel 1: I used Black Rose Dragon to blow up the field. I won soon afterwards.
-Duel 2: Brain Control his X-Saber Urbellum and attack with two Rai-Ohs for game.

Round 5: vs Lightsworn

-Duel 1: He had to waste his Plaguespreader on a Goyo Guardian to get rid of my Rai-Oh. I had another one in hand, which I summoned the next turn. I basically won from there.
-Duel 2: Judgment Dragon is evil.
-Duel 3: His Ryko turned the game around, which was bad for me. After he used it to destroy my Catastor, I was top-decking. I drew Allure of Darkness and played it. I drew Mezuki first, and I hoped that I didn't draw a Dark. I ended up drawing Burial from a Different Dimension, which meant I had to send my hand to the Graveyard. Mezuki revived Spirit Reaper, but it was futile. He had Ehren in the Graveyard with Lumina on the field. But, he revived Plaguespreader Zombie and tuned it to Wulf for Flamvell Uruquizas. Either way, I lost.

So I went 3-2, which is okay, but not good. There are still no Turbo Packs, but Turbo Pack 2 comes out in a couple of weeks, so I'll just have to wait for those.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to come up with a competitive, yet creative deck for next week. I'm thinking Fortune Ladies or Junk and Debris, but I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.