Sunday, December 20, 2009

Tournament Report 12/20/09

I went to another tournament with my Telekinetic Zombies deck. I changed it a little more to make it a little more consistent. There are less dead draws in the deck now, well, one less dead draw. I want to say I'm not planning on using it again, but I'm not sure. I picked up some Deep Sea Divas, so I'm considering using them instead.

Anyways, I picked up a couple Aurkus and some Beckoning Lights for the Lightsworn variants I'm planning to make.

Round 1: vs Dragons

-Duel 1: Brain Control FHD for game.
-Duel 2: I didn't draw very well, so I lost.
-Duel 3: My opponent drew pretty badly. I was forced to push through to kill his Snipe Hunter, but then we were both sitting there for a few turns after he played Swords of Revealing Light. After two turns, I OTK'd him.

Round 2: vs Gadgets

I was not prepared for Gadgets at all, but some of the stuff I normally side helps against them anyways.

-Duel 1: He drew very little removal. I was basically able to kill every single one of his Gadgets with one Mezuki.
-Duel 2: I drew basically all of my Spell/Trap removal, but he still had counters to everything I had. He was able to take control and win.
-Duel 3: Same as Duel 2.

Round 3: vs (Newbie) Zombies

-Duel 1: He misplayed, which helped me win.
-Duel 2: He dropped me to 400 LP, but then I pushed back and dropped him to 1500 LP. I was able to get him down to 50 LP, but he set Spirit Reaper. I had used up all of my Tuners already, but the duel went to time and I won.

Round 4: vs Diva Zombies

-Duel 1: He committed to the field after while, leaving no cards in his hand. I was going to bomb the field with Black Rose Dragon, but he flipped Book of Moon on my Gale. With his only Spell/Trap out of the way, I was able to OTK that turn.
-Duel 2: He started conservatively with one set Bottomless Trap Hole. I destroyed it with Mystical Space Typhoon, then ripped the other Bottomless from his hand with Spirit Reaper. After a little bit, he stopped my Dark Armed Dragon with Royal Oppression after he had Synchro Summoned Magical Android. It was pretty bad for me, but I was able to search Gale with Mystic Tomato. He couldn't do anything to stop me, and his Royal Oppression stopped him from making a comeback.

Round 5: vs French Twilight

-Duel 1: I was able to put a bunch of pressure on him with Dark Armed Dragon and some Synchro Monsters, even though he had milled amazingly. I was still able to win in the end.
-Duel 2: Again, I was able to put pressure on my opponent with a flurry of Synchro Monsters. He had to use up the rest of his cards to get rid of them, leaving me in control of the game. I just passed my next three turns, because there was no way he could win before decking out.

So I went 4-1, and I got a Hobby League Trap Hole. I'm planning on getting another one next time, so I can replace my Common ones with the Ultra Parallel Rare ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.