Saturday, November 7, 2009

Tournament Report 11/7/09

I decided to go with my Dark Reverse Junk and Debris deck this time. I'm not sure that I'll be using it in the future, though... I did change it a little bit since last time, adding two Dust Tornadoes to the Main Deck, which helped a lot.

Again, no Swallow Flips.

Round 1: vs Blackwings

This guy was kind of newbish, but not really.

-Duel 1: I didn't have much to do in the beginning of the duel. My opponent didn't do much, either, which was good. He dropped his Dark Armed Dragon to destroy my field, but then I dropped mine to destroy his.
"Can I OTK you this turn?" I said to him. I discarded Cyber Ouroboros for D.D.R. on Armageddon Knight, which I used to dump Plaguespreader Zombie. Then I summoned Junk Synchron, reviving the Ouroboros, to Synchro for Magical Android. I revived Plaguespreader Zombie with its own effect, and tuned it to Armageddon Knight for Goyo Guardian. Exactly 8000 damage.
-Duel 2: I took control of the game with Black Rose Dragon. In the next turn, I did 7600 damage with Magical Android, Black Rose Dragon (Call of the Haunted), and Dark Armed Dragon. He scooped after seeing his next draw.

Round 2: vs Zombie Synchro

My deck just has a huge weakness to Zombie Synchro or something.

-Duel 1: He Synchro swarmed to lock me down. I couldn't do anything.
-Duel 2: He summoned D-Hero Plasma. I made a desperate play, wasting almost all of my cards to Synchro Summon Colossal Fighter to stall. He had a Caius.

Round 3: vs some Dark deck

I had to duel against the annoying lucky guy who barely knows the rules.

-Duel 1: Plasma is annoying.
-Duel 2:
There was a ruling dispute over his Dimensional Alchemist missing the timing. He summoned Dark Grepher while it was on the field and used Dark Grepher's effect with priority. I used Torrential Tribute, to destroy his monsters and to cause his Alchemist to miss the timing for its Optional Trigger. He thought that it didn't miss the timing, asked two other people, and they agreed with him. Fortunately, there were people who actually knew the rules who told him otherwise.
He tried to drop Dark Armed Dragon, but I had Black Horn of Heaven. Then he tried to drop Chaos Sorcerer; I had Bottomless Trap Hole. From there, I took control and won.
-Duel 3: Starting hand: Spirit Reaper, Armageddon Knight, Cyber Ouroboros, two Necro Gardnas. Absolutely terrible. I drew Mind Control, but it didn't help that much. I was able to stall for a very, very long time, but I eventually lost. The only two non-Monster cards I drew were Mind Control and Bottomless Trap Hole.

Round 4: vs Newbie Iron Chains

-Duel 1: He got me down to 1000 LP with Paralyzing Chain, but I was able to beat him.
-Duel 2: I won.

I did okay, but I feel that I could have done better if I had not gotten so unlucky in Round 3.

For once, I didn't get a Bestiari from the Turbo Pack. I got Armageddon Knight, D.D.R., and Murmillo.

After seeing how badly my deck does against Zombie Synchro, for the third time, I think that I should use a different deck for the next tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.