Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tournament Report 11/15/09

Okay, so I wasn't supposed to go to a tournament today, but "stuff happened," and I decided to go anyways. I took my Dark Reverse Junk and Debris deck, probably for the last time.

This time, they DID have Swallow Flips! But, I wasted all of my money on Hidden Arsenal packs, so I couldn't get one. The terrible part is that I didn't pull anything good from the packs...

Round 1: vs Newbie Six Samurai

-Duel 1: I won.
-Duel 2: He overextended like crazy on his first turn. Black Rose Dragon destroyed the field. Unfortunately, I drew really badly afterward, so I couldn't do much.
-Duel 3: He dumps two Six Samurai and Great Shogun Shien onto the field. Trident Dragion cleared his field and helped me win.

Round 2: vs Vayu Turbo (?)

-Duel 1: His deck looked like Vayu Turbo from this duel, when he ditched Vayu with Armageddon Knight. I forgot how I lost.
-Duel 2: I dropped Dark Armed Dragon and Stardust Dragon. He scooped.
-Duel 3: Royal Oppression is annoying. I couldn't do much about it, and he beat me down.

Round 3: vs Newbie Deck

I won both duels, it's kind of obvious...

Round 4: vs Anti-Meta

-Duel 1: He took control and beat me down with Rai-Oh.
-Duel 2: Neither of us could do anything for a while. I had the cards for a Trident Dragion OTK, but I wanted to play it safe. I let him summon his Neos Alius after a bunch of turns of waiting, even though I had Trap Hole set. I knew I could Dust Tornado his set card, Mind Control the Alius, and drop Debris Dragon (Special Summon Plaguespreader from the grave) for the OTK. Fortunately, he didn't set any additional cards, and that's exactly what I did.
-Duel 3: I am so glad that Debris Dragon has 2000 DEF. It held off his attackers for a long while. After I Gold Sarc'ed for Heavy Storm, he played his Heavy Storm (we both had three S/T Cards). But then he couldn't get over my Debris Dragons. He had two Rai-Ohs, so I had to get him to waste them. Black Rose Dragon got negated, Dark Armed Dragon was negated, but I was able to pull through a Magical Android. He had multiple Honests, though, and there was nothing I could do.

Round 5: vs Royal Oppression

-Duel 1: This guy dropped a Caius and was playing Gravekeepers, which made me think he was playing Monarchs. He wasn't though, and I pulled off a Trident Dragion OTK, with the help of Dark Armed Dragon.
-Duel 2: He had control of the game, but I top decked Dark Armed Dragon with three Darks in the Graveyard. It was hardly fair, but I won.

Turbo Pack was garbage. Another Satellite Cannon, Ryko, and Laquari.

It was an okay day, I guess. I had fun at the tournament, but Dark Reverse isn't doing as well as it used to. I'm probably going to retire the deck, and go back to Monarchs.

By the way, I'm still trying to put together a Koa'ki Meiru deck and a Volcanic Gemini deck, but the card shop had none of the cards I needed for either deck. Hopefully I'll be able to get the cards, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.