Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Siding between Themes

I know that Gambitto did a similar post today, but I think it's an interesting topic.

So, I was thinking for a few days about how I could side between two Monarch variants that I'm trying, so that I could move between them during tournaments.

Obviously this wouldn't be helpful if the themes are extremely similar, with changes in only a few cards. However, of these two Monarch themes, one Special Summons a lot and the other not so much. One also relies on the Graveyard more than the other one.

Because of that, I can side between the two variants to mess with people. They might side in Royal Oppression while I sided out most of the cards that Special Summon. They might side in Dimensional Fissure while I sided to a variant which doesn't rely on the Graveyard that much.

I would say what the variants are, but I'm going to be using them in tournaments, so I don't think that I should. What I can say is that the difference between the two decks is 9 cards. In reality, it's only 7, since the last two are really unnecessary. That leaves 6 cards for meta-hate.

Something somewhat random: I heard that you can now side cards for your Extra Deck. It seems cool, but mostly impractical. I can see how this could help Synchro-based decks, like Zombies and Junk and Debris, but otherwise, there's plenty of space in the Extra Deck.

Some may say that this should have been done before (like when Synchro Monsters were created), and I have to agree, not that I would have sided Synchros. It's still a nice idea, though.

2 comments:

  1. i always thought you should be able to side in extra deck cards...
    and yeah its an awesome idea to side like that to mess with the opponent and it'd be intresting watching how your opponent reacts when you side out about 1/4 of your deck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am asuming you are talking about Zombie Monarchs siding into Oppression Monarchs with Rai-Ohs, Jujitsu Masters, and Gravekeepers. If you are you can make it work easily.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.