Saturday, November 14, 2009

More New Decks

So, I basically gave up on making a competitive Koa'ki Meiru deck. I'm still going to make one, since I like the theme, but making a competitive one is pretty impossible. I figured that the most advantageous opening would still be losing me some card advantage too quickly. Oh well.

I did come up with another idea, though, for a Gemini deck. I figured that I could combine it with Volcanics for a beat down deck that gets control from having Geminis for stuff like Gemini Counter. I'm going to try and make it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Oh yeah, my Dragunity Knight cards arrived. So I can make the Vayunity deck I was planning on. I just added the finishing touches today, after not touching it for like a month. For some reason, I did so while watching Neuxcharge's latest video. I donno, maybe it reminded me that I should fix up the deck, since he profiled his Blackwing deck and the Vayunity deck (obviously) has Blackwings.

Of course, I'm still working on the Tomato Monarchs deck to make it competitive. I changed it into more of a Soul Control build, which helps me mess with Zombie Synchro after they overextend and drop Stardust to protect their field.

I still have my Dark Reverse Junk and Debris deck, which I may continue to use. The only reason I'm thinking about retiring it is because it's weak to Zombie Synchro. It owns Blackwings, which was the big deck. Now, with Zombie Synchro running around, it's made me shift back to Monarchs, which can hurt Zombie Synchro.

Basically, Dark Reverse is great against Blackwings but bad against Zombie Synchro. Past Monarch decks that I've made were bad against Blackwings, but good against Zombies. Lightsworn decks are luck-based, so I'm not really concentrating on that match-up, and Gladiator Beasts have gone downhill. No one at my locals plays straight Vayu Turbo, so I don't worry about that match-up, but some of the stuff I side can help against it anyway.

What I'm thinking about doing next week (I'm not going to a tournament tomorrow) is bringing both my Dark Reverse Junk and Debris and Tomato Monarchs decks and scoping out the competition to see which one I should use. I may just bring my Volcanic Gemini deck if I can put it together and it works well.

However, the result of the Shonen Jump Championship tomorrow will influence what a good amount of people play...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.