Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tournament Report 11/29/09

So, I decided to go to a tournament with my Zombie Monarchs deck. I changed it up a bit, adding stuff like Tragoedia and Mark of the Rose.

Before the tournament, I was able to buy a Brionac. I wasn't planning on getting one, but I decided to anyways. It ended up being somewhat helpful, so it's good that I got it.

Also, since they were running out of Turbo Packs, they gave them out at the beginning instead of at the end. I pulled Grandmaster of the Six Samurai, Hand Destruction, and Laquari. Not bad, but not amazing.

Round 1: vs (?)

It was the annoying lucky guy who barely knows the rules. I had no idea what deck he was playing, but I saw that he was running the Destiny Draw engine.

-Duel 1: I OTK'd him pretty easily.
-Duel 2: Royal Decree messed me up, and I couldn't do much.
-Duel 3: I drew poorly and he drew everything he needed. There was nothing I could do.

Round 2: vs (French) Twilight

I think it was the "French Twilight" variant that my opponent was playing. It's basically just a Lightsworn deck with Tragoedias for Darks, for those who don't know.

-Duel 1: All of his good cards (Judgment Dragon, Chaos Sorcerer, etc.) were in the last 8 cards or so of his deck. I was able to bounce his set Honest with Brionac and attack for game in the end.
-Duel 2: He had Aurkus and three Honests. I couldn't target the Aurkus and I couldn't kill it in battle. My opponent basically won off of that Aurkus, since he could keep poking for 1200 damage and dropping Honest for 1200 damage.
-Duel 3: I went first, set one, and passed. He passed. I passed. He was forced to set a Trap or else he would've had to discard. That dead Beckoning Light saved me from him being able to play Gorz later in the duel. After he set the Trap, I was hesitant to attack with Goblin Zombie, since it might've milled something he wanted in the Graveyard. It milled Charge of the Light Brigade. That basically won me the game.

Round 3: vs Zombies

-Duel 1: I rushed him with Monarchs and was able to take the game. Mark of the Rose helped to destroy his Spirit Reaper.
-Duel 2: Basically the same as the first duel. I topped Raiza at the right time for game.

Round 4: vs Macro Monarchs

-Duel 1: I drew no low Level Monsters. I basically gave up.
-Duel 2: I drew the Mobius I sided in in my starting hand. It destroyed his Macro Cosmos, which essentially won me the game.
-Duel 3: Very close duel. Near the end, we were both at the point where either of us could lose at any moment. I was luckier than him, though, so I was able to win.

Round 5: vs Zombies

-Duel 1: I drew three Caius in my starting hand. It ended up being a good thing, since it allowed me to take control of the game and win.
-Duel 2: Royal Decree is evil.
-Duel 3: He removed a bunch of my Zombies, and I couldn't do much. He ended up winning.

During the tournament, the store owner let me know that he got a Mezuki, so I bought it. When I got home, I looked at it more closely and realized that it's German. I don't really have a problem with that, but I would've rather had an English one.

So it was a pretty good day. I'll probably change my deck to make it more efficient, though. I might just make a Zombie Synchro deck...

1 comment:

  1. im takin it you run like 3 mystic tomato to be able to run mark of the rose
    (i was thinkin about that in my deck since im runnin 3 tomatos)

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.