Friday, November 20, 2009

Thunder King Rai-Oh

When this card was released, I bought a playset. Surprisingly, it's more expensive now than it was then.

Well, this card can be amazing. It stops all searches, so Zombies don't get their Goblin Zombie, Lightsworn don't get their Charge of the Light Brigade, etc. Since many decks rely on stuff like that, Rai-Oh can mess up your opponent's plans.

Its other effect is pretty awesome, too. It negates Inherent Special Summons, the most notable of which are Dark Armed Dragon, Chaos Sorcerer, Judgment Dragon, and all Synchro Summons.

With 1900 ATK, it's hard to get over in battle. Being a Light Monster opens the possibility of protecting it with Honest.

All of what I've said is pretty obvious, I have to admit. But, I just like the card. I've been trying to throw it into various decks that I'm trying out, but it doesn't seem to work well except in Chaos, Light, or anti-meta decks.

Speaking of which, I'm trying to try out Chaos Monarchs, so I'll see how that goes...

1 comment:

  1. lucky someone at the card shop i went to bought 18 thunder king rio magizines he knew its would be good he sold for like 18-20 each and got for 5

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.