Friday, November 13, 2009

Koa'ki Meiru Variants

So, I've been trying to figure out the best type of Koa'ki Meiru deck I can make. I gave up on a Gladiator Beast hybrid, since the themes conflict.

I'm stuck between three different variants, though I would use Rocks in all three.

The Drago variant. It seems good, since you can prevent Special Summons of Lights and Darks. Seems like the best against the current meta, but I don't know if I'll be able to get three Drago, so I'm unsure. I'm also unsure of what other Dragon-types I'd play. I'm thinking either running Toon Table of Contents and Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon and/or maybe a Trade-In engine.

The Crusader variant. This is the one I was planning on making from the beginning, but it seems like the Drago one would be better. There aren't that many Koa'ki Meiru cards I would need to recycle, but it can help. For Beast-Warriors, I could use Barbaros or Winged Rhynos. Yes, Winged Rhynos.

The Powerhand variant. I like the idea behind this one, since I can run less Monsters and more Traps, but Powerhand's effect doesn't work against much. Ryko and D.D. Warrior Lady are the only cards I can think of off of the top of my head, and they aren't used much. I would probably resort to this if I can't make either of the other two builds.

In complete desperation, I might make a Sea Panther variant. Sea Panther's effect isn't that great, but if I use Hydro Barrier along with it, it could allow for a good Core Compression draw engine. But, like I said, only in complete desperation.

I'm hoping I can get the three Drago, though I'm not sure how I would support them. Blizzard Dragon, Dragon Ice, and Exploder Dragon seem to have the most utility, but aren't amazing. Exploder Dragon could at least help with removal.

And, of course, I could side between two of the variants to mess with people... Well, more. Playing Koa'ki Meirus inherently allows you to mess with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.