Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tournament Report 7/31/10

I took my Vayu Turbo deck again. I took out the two D-Hero Malicious and the Doomsday Horror, and I added a couple more Blackwings and two Cards for Black Feathers. I also decided to play two Book of Moon, and it ended up being a good decision.

There were quite a few new players there, today. There were only about 10 good players out of the 32 entrants.

Round 1: vs Newbie Heroes

I won both duels. He came up to me later, though, and asked how many Gales I was running. Obviously one, because it's Limited, but he wanted to check to make sure that I wasn't cheating or something...

Round 2: vs Gladiator Beasts

This was my opponent from Round 5 of this tournament, and I've played him a few times before. I just can't remember exactly when. He also was sitting next to me in Round 1, so he thought that I was playing Blackwings.

-Duel 1: I lost to lots of GB stunts. I also didn't draw any big Monsters.
-Duel 2: I Fissured his only Monster, so I kept poking with Dark Grepher for game.
-Duel 3: It started the same as Duel 2, except that I kept poking with Vayu and Armageddon Knight instead. He Set Rescue Cat, and I attacked into Mirror Force. He flipped Rescue Cat, I used Solemn Judgment on the Flip Summon, but he had Solemn Judgment to negate mine. He Special Summoned two Samnite and Normal Summoned Laquari to win.

Round 3: vs X-Sabers

This was my Round 1 opponent from last week. He too thought that I was running Blackwings.

-Duel 1: I started with a Set Necro Gardna. He opened with Rescue Cat for two X-Saber Airbellums, then dropped XX-Saber Faultroll. If he didn't have Faultroll, the play would have been much less broken. But, because he did, he ended up taking two cards out of my hand. Luckily, he missed the Brain Control, which I used to steal XX-Saber Gottoms. I attacked with it and used its effect to tribute it. I thought that I was in control then, but he had a Gottoms' Emergency Call to swarm again.
-Duel 2: I started with Dark Grepher and used its effect. Next turn, I ran over his Set XX-Saber Darksoul with Shura to Special Summon Vayu from my deck. I Tuned it to Dark Grepher for Catastor. I got destroyed next turn, because he played Heavy Storm, then dropped Boggart Knight, Airbellum, and Faultroll to revive Darksoul. He Synchro Summoned Brionac, bounced Catastor, and attacked. He was afraid of a Kalut, but I obviously didn't have it.

Round 4: vs Newbie Beatdown

I won both duels...

Round 5: vs Newbie Blackwings

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament. I won both duels with Goyo Guardian and Vayu swarming.

I went 3-2, sadly, and got 12th place. I pulled another Ultra Rare Dark Grepher from my Turbo Pack 3, so that was very nice. It's like a sign, telling me to only run two Dark Grephers...or maybe I'll pull a third one.

I saw some people buying Hidden Arsenal 2 packs, and they all pulled Genex cards that I wanted. So I got one pack, and I didn't get any Genex from it; very saddening.

Well, there's the DREV Sneak Peek next weekend, so I'm looking forward to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.