Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tournament Report 5/15/10

Like I said in my last post, I needed a new deck for locals. So, I tried a Volcanic engine. I didn't like it, because drawing Shells and Counters without Blaze Accelerator is bad. I just decided to go with a Dark Simorgh deck that mains D.D. Crows and has a Plant engine.

Riku and a bunch of his friends where at locals. I also saw that the shop had three Infernity Launchers and two Infernity Mirages. I had enough money for them, but I wanted to wait to see if I would win store credit.

Round 1: vs Newbie Deck

I won both duels...

Round 2: vs Dragons

Duel 1: I blew up his field with Black Rose Dragon after he waste all of his cards. I won from there.
Duel 2: He opened with Future Fusion, and I lost to his swarm of Dragons.
Duel 3: I slowly gained advantage. Near the end of the duel, he used Heavy Storm to clear the way for his Dark Creator. I chained Crevice into the Different Dimension to remove two of his Darks, which made his Dark Creator dead. He scooped at that.

Round 3: Quickdraw Plants

-Duel 1: He killed my field with Black Rose Dragon and I lost too much advantage.
-Duel 2: I forgot how I won.
-Duel 3: He drew badly, and I won.

Round 4: vs Hopeless Dragon

-Duel 1: The Main Decked D.D. Crows helped, and I was able to remove all of his stuff. I finished him with Tytannial and Dark Simorgh.
-Duel 2: He drew nothing, and I beat him down with Ancient Fairy Dragon.

Round 5: vs Flamvell Zombies

At this point in the tournament, my opponent, one other guy, and I were undefeated. My opponent asked to split with me if either of us won store credit. I accepted, since I knew that I would lose to the other guy, who was playing Gladiator Beasts.

-Duel 1: I owned him with Dark Simorgh.
-Duel 2: Rai-Oh messed up his Goblin Zombie, and D.D. Crows messed up his Rekindlings and Plaguespreader Zombie.

Unfortunately for me, the last undefeated guy, who was paired down, won, so I had to face him.

Round 6: vs Gladiator Beasts

-Duel 1: I knew that my match-up with Gladiator Beasts was bad and that I needed to rely on my Side Deck. Drawing badly and getting killed by Trap Dustshoot didn't help.
-Duel 2: I got killed by Trap Dustshoot again and didn't draw my sided cards until it was too late...

So I went 5-1 and got 3rd place. The person I split with got 2nd, so we both got $20 each in store credit. I went to buy the Infernity Launchers and Mirages, but the guy who won the tournament bought two of the Launchers. So, I settled on getting the last Launcher and the two Mirages.

I'm surprised that I did so well, seeing as how I didn't even have time to test my deck. I also had a bunch of good match-ups. Well, I'll probably run a different deck next weekend. Hopefully Infernities, if I can get my hands on the cards I need...

4 comments:

  1. Nice going man, I love how you make decks that are cookie-cutter like 90% of the YU-GI-Oh! community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess he doesn't like you using Infernities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing is that I wouldn't use the whole OTK-crazy Infernity deck. I'm trying to figure out something with Phantom Hand, so that I can make it more of a control build.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.