Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tournament Report 1/3/10

Again, I took my Zombie deck to the locals. I'm planning on selling my German Mezuki after the Shonen Jump Championship next week. Why? Because if (when) Zombies win, Mezuki's price might go up. Also because Mezuki will be Limited come March, so I want to get the most I can for selling it.

Round 1: vs Newbie Deck

-Duel 1: I OTK'd him.
-Duel 2: I won.

Round 2: vs Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode

-Duel 1: He drew badly, so I won.
-Duel 2: We made some oddly similar plays, like both of us using Rai-Ohs and such. Eventually, I lost.
-Duel 3: I took control and won.

Round 3: vs Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode

This guy was related to my opponent from Round 2. As such, they both had exactly the same decks.

-Duel 1: I removed his Stardust Dragon/Assault Mode from play with Book of Life and wont he turn after.
-Duel 2: I took control and won.

Round 4: vs Blackwings

-Duel 1: I couldn't do much and lost.
-Duel 2: He couldn't do much and I won.
-Duel 3: He drew all of his Royal Oppressions. So, after I got rid of the first two, I lost to the third.

Round 5: vs D-Hero Zombies

-Duel 1: He got two free Destiny Draws and a free Smashing Ground off of Diamond Dude. It was pretty jacked up, because I had already taken control, and he got a bunch of free cards. He would have gotten a free Lightning Vortex if I hadn't OTK'd him.
-Duel 2: I got OTK'd.
-Duel 3: I won with Caius.

So, I went 4-1 and got another Ultra Parallel Rare Trap Hole. Now I can replace the two Common ones I'm using with my new ones. I also got an XX-Saber Gardestrike from a pack of Ancient Prophecy, which was cool. Otherwise, it was pretty uneventful.

1 comment:

  1. My friend plays a zombie deck, I more often than not lose to Caius. He's beastly.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.