Friday, January 15, 2010

Tournament Report 1/15/10

Yes, locals on a Friday. My friend offered to give me a ride, so I went with him and some other friends.

So, since I retired my Zombie deck, I had to make a new deck for locals. I wanted to use my new Hobby League Mystic Tomatoes and my new Dragon Ice, so I just remade the Necro Monarchy deck from way back when, with a few changes.

Round 1: vs Newbie Gladiator Beasts

My opponent rarely ever tagged out, even when he had the opportunity.

-Duel 1: I lost. I was very saddened.
-Duel 2: I won.
-Duel 3: He had Cold Wave, which ruined my plans. I was still able to pull through with Gorz, though.

Round 2: vs E-Heroes (Ab Zero)

-Duel 1: Stole AbZ with Mark of the Rose for game.
-Duel 2: I won.

Round 3: vs D-Hero Zombies

-Duel 1: I removed his Goblin Zombie with Caius. That basically won me the game.
-Duel 2: I was too afraid of his set cards to play my Rai-Oh, which lost me the duel.
-Duel 3: I overkilled him, dropping Dark Armed Dragon and stealing his Goyo Guardian with Mark of the Rose when he was as 200 LP.

Duel 4: vs Zombies

-Duel 1: I won.
-Duel 2: I lost.
-Duel 3: Dragon Ice is cool. He was forced to remove it from my Graveyard with Book of Life instead of my third Dark. I won with Dark Armed Dragon the next turn.

Duel 5: vs Lightsworn

-Duel 1: I got OTK'd on his second turn.
-Duel 2: I took control early in the game with two Rai-Ohs. I proceeded to win from there.
-Duel 3: I got killed by double Honest.

So, I went 4-1, getting 2nd place, which is good. I got some store credit, which I used to foil out one Bottomless Trap Hole and my Sangan. I also used some to get my friend some Parallel Ultra Rare Six Samurai Zanjis. Not a bad day.

1 comment:

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.