Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Post 83

Yes, 83. What a random number. I just felt like going back through my blog and picking some of the more interesting things that I've written and discussing them.

From "Dark Simorgh" (9/25/09)

"People are going to make Monarch variants around it, probably. With three Raiza and Caius, it's not going to be very hard. I'm hopefully going to be able to get a couple, but not necessarily for a Monarch deck."

-Yeah, I'm finally going to get a Dark Simorgh. Only one, though. So I'm going to try to throw it into my Necro Monarchy deck. It's not meant to be a main theme, just something I might be able to Special Summon, since I do have Raiza. I might even try out Vortex Trooper (again).

From "Differences between TCG and OCG - Zombie Synchro" (11/11/09)

"So, it appears to me that Zombie Synchro might become the dominant deck of the new meta. It seems to be pretty consistent, too. For those of you rich enough to blow hundreds of dollars on a Zombie Synchro deck, feel free to do so. For those of you, like me, who aren't, let's wait for the next ban list."

-Two things about this quote: Zombie Synchro has been getting lucksacked all over by Lightsworn and I did have the money to get a "Zombie Synchro" deck. I "only" had to spend $120 on the two Mezuki and the two Brionac.

From "End of the Year 2009" (12/31/09)

"Zombies, although sometimes slow, are fairly consistent. Lots of searching, lots of floaters. Blackwings and Lightsworn probably won't last much longer. The Shonen Jump Championship in Los Angeles will probably be won by Zombies, but anything can happen."

-Yeah, Zombies lost to Lightsworn. Blackwings are continuing to die out, though.

From "Tournament Report 1/3/10" (1/3/10)

"Again, I took my Zombie deck to the locals. I'm planning on selling my German Mezuki after the Shonen Jump Championship next week. Why? Because if (when) Zombies win, Mezuki's price might go up. Also because Mezuki will be Limited come March, so I want to get the most I can for selling it."

-I chose this quote because even though I said I would try to use a different deck. I did trade the Mezuki while it was good, though.


From "Tournament Report 1/15/10" (1/15/10)

"
So, since I retired my Zombie deck, I had to make a new deck for locals. I wanted to use my new Hobby League Mystic Tomatoes and my new Dragon Ice, so I just remade the Necro Monarchy deck from way back when, with a few changes."

-Yes, I threw a deck together based on the build from my first Necro Monarchy deck and my experience playing Zombies. It worked out quite well, aiming at the key card for Zombies. It's not Mezuki, it's Goblin Zombie. If Caius can get rid of it, I would basically win. Since I basically only played against Zombies at my last locals, I don't know how good the match-up against Blackwings is. As always, it's (more of) a game of luck against Lightsworn, but to help me with them, I've started to side Banisher of the Radiance. It also happens to help against Zombies.

There were probably some more quotes I would've wanted to go back over, but this is good for now. Maybe on the 166th post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.