Monday, July 2, 2012

Tournament Report 7/1/12

 So, as I stated in my previous post, I'd most likely go to locals again today.  And I did.  But yeah, I really have nothing better to do.

Before the tournament, I taught Kaijudo to my Round 2 opponent from this tournament using the two janky 30-card decks.  After one game, someone asked to play against me.  So, I played a game against him with my real deck; he was using Fire/Water/Darkness built from what looked like one Battle Deck set, so it wasn't optimal.  I was able to win the duel right before the tournament started.

There were about 36 players there today, with more than half of them being regulars, so that was good.  I decided to run my Nordic Diva deck, as I stated yesterday.

Round 1: vs Lightsworn

This was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament.  Obviously, I hadn't seen him for a while.

-Duel 1: I Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon on my second turn using Reborn Tengu and Deep Sea Diva, and beat him down with it.  He used Dark Hole, but I used Monster Reborn.  He couldn't deal with the Scrap Dragon, so I won with three direct attacks from it.
-Duel 2: I used two Deep Sea Divas to Synchro Summon Ally of Justice Catastor and Xyz Summon Gachi Gachi Gantetsu, which is quite powerful.  He milled a bunch using Solar Recharge and such, then dropped Judgment Dragon.  I used Effect Veiler on it when he activated its effect.  He used Monster Reincarnation to grab another Judgment Dragon and used its effect.  I used a second Effect Veiler.  He then Normal Summoned Lumina and discarded a card to revive Lyla.  He declined to attack, milling 14 cards in the End Phase, including two Wulfs, one of which was Special Summoned.  I contemplated my options (I really only had two options), and played Dark Hole to wipe the field, except for Gantetsu.  I then summoned my Tanngrisnir (white goat), the last card in my hand, to attack directly.  He drew to two cards in hand and ended.  I attacked again with Tanngrisnir, dropping him to 1200 LP.  He dropped the third Judgment Dragon, using its effect to clear out my Tanngrisnir, then attacked my Gantetsu to destroy it.  I drew to two cards in hand and Set them both (Guldfaxe and Bottomless).  He drew BLS and Special Summoned it, and of course, I flipped Bottomless Trap Hole.  He killed my Guldfaxe and milled down to two cards in deck.  I drew and Set another Guldfaxe.  He drew nothing of use, milled out in the End Phase, and offered the handshake.

OO

Round 2: vs Inzektors

This was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament.  He wasn't happy to play against me, since he hasn't ever won against me.

-Duel 1: This game took like 25 minutes, so I don't really remember all of the specifics.  I didn't draw any Traps, but the only Inzektors he drew were Hornet and Ladybug, so I didn't really have to fend off any combos, thankfully.  I just kept applying pressure with my Set Monsters and such, and he wasn't able to deal with it.  He even made an effort to remember the DEF of all of my Beasts so that he'd know whether or not to attack.  But, he had nothing to attack with once I killed the Leviathan Dragon he got off of Tour Guide, so I won after a long while.
-Duel 2: He went first with a Dragonfly/Ladybug play to make Tiras, Keeper of Armageddon and search Hornet.  I took a while to contemplate my options, then summoned Reborn Tengu and Set two back rows.  He summoned Tour Guide to grab Sangan and crashed the Sangan into my Tengu to search Dragonfly.  He then destroyed both of my Tengus with the Tiras, but after that, it was out of Xyz Materials.  So, I was safe to Set my Super-Nimble Mega Hamster and two more back rows.  If he had had the Heavy Storm, he would've used it on my two Set cards previously, but he didn't, so I knew that he didn't have it.  He summoned the Dragonfly he had searched, but I banished it with Chaos Trap Hole.  He attacked my Hamster, getting me Tanngnjostr (black goat).  Tanngnjostr let me make Scrap Archfiend and run over his Tiras.  He destroyed my Scrap Archfiend with Dark Hole, then Set a Monster.  I used Guldfaxe and Monster Reborn to make Stardust Dragon and run over his Set Monster, which turned out to be Hornet.  He made the Dragonfly play on the following turn.  I Chained Crevice Into the Different Dimension to its effect, banishing the Ladybug and Hornet in his Graveyard, but he had another Hornet in his hand.  He sent the Hornet to the grave to try and destroy my Set back row, but I protected it with Stardust Dragon.  Dragonfly Special Summoned Centipede, and he activated its effect.  I Chained another Crevice, banishing the Hornet and the Tour Guide that I destroyed earlier.  He was forced to equip Centipede with another Centipede from his Graveyard, making it Level 6.  Since he couldn't overlay, he just attacked with both of his Inzektors and passed.  I revived my Stardust Dragon, then drew Guldfaxe.  I summoned it so that I could run over both of his Inzektors, and he couldn't do anything after that.

OO

Round 3: vs Machina Gadgets

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He went first with a Green Gadget, searching Red, and two back rows.  I Set Ryko and two back rows.  He summoned Yellow, searching Green, and overlaid for Utopia.  He attacked my Ryko, and I destroyed one of his back rows.  When Ryko was destroyed, I Special Summoned Tanngnjostr (black goat) from my hand.  He Set another back row and ended.  I switched Tanngnjostr to Attack Position to Special Summon Guldfaxe, then Normal Summoned Sangan.  I used them all to Synchro Summon Thor and searched Super-Nimble Mega Hamster with Sangan.  He flipped Solemn Warning, which I negated with Solemn Judgment.  I negated Utopia's effect and attacked, but his other Set card was Dimensional Prison, which banished Thor.  That wasn't nice, but it was alright, since I still had plenty of plays.  He attacked with Utopia on his turn, and I bounced it with Compulsory Evacuation Device.  We played our little war of attrition for a little while after that, and it ended with my Setting my Super-Nimble Mega Hamster after a while.  He summoned Machina Gearframe, searching Fortress.  After thinking for a bit, he realized that he had forgotten about the Hamster I searched with Sangan, then played Dark Hole to destroy it.  He Special Summoned Machina Fortress and attacked.  I was at 4000 LP, so if he played the Dark Hole before summoning the Gearframe, he could've won.  It didn't matter though, since the card I drew after that was Gorz, which was too late.  He was able to finish me off soon after.
-Duel 2: He was getting pretty scared of my Set Monsters, so he refused to attack the Tanngrisnir (white goat) I Set on my first turn.  That told me that it was okay to start Setting Tanngnjostr (black goat).  With both of those Set, I was able to make Thor on the following turn to run over his Machina Fortress.  He opted to destroy my lone back row (Dust Tornado) with its effect, but couldn't deal with the Thor.  I won with it after a few attacks over his Gadgets.
-Duel 3: This duel dragged on for quite a while.  He had opened with only Machina Monsters, so he didn't have his constant stream of Gadgets.  However, after I made a Catastor to deal with his Fortress, he topped a Gadget and was able to resolve it to keep grabbing other Gadgets.  He was able to make a Maestroke to flip my Catastor down and run it over.  I then had to Set the Effect Veiler I had just drawn.  He used Monster Reborn on my Catastor and summoned a Red Gadget to search Yellow.  He attacked my Set Monster with Catastor, then directly with Red Gadget to drop me to 1650 LP.  I dropped Gorz to protect myself, and he killed the Token with Maestroke, then Set a back row.  With no hand, I drew a Tanngnjostr, which wasn't very useful.  I Set it and left my Gorz in Defense Position.  My reasoning was that if he had Smashing Ground, he would've played it instead of Setting it, since he only had one card left in hand (Yellow Gadget).  If it were Dimensional Prison or Mirror Force, then attacking would be disastrous.  However, he drew Smashing Ground and used it to destroy my Gorz.  With that, he was able to attack for game.

XOX

It was kind of sad to lose at that point, since only 1st place gets the box, but I didn't mind.  It was a fun match, and I know that my opponent was a good player.

Round 4: vs Six Samurai

Well, kind of.  Apparently, this guy had forgotten his real deck or something, so he was running a sub-par Six Samurai deck without Shi En or Naturia Synchros.  So, I don't think I really need to type this one out; 2-0.  I really did want to practice against Six Samurai with my Nordic Diva deck, though.  Oh well.  Perhaps next week.

Round 5: vs Dino-Rabbit

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament.  He's honestly not very good.

-Duel 1: I went first, Setting Super-Nimble Mega Hamster and two back rows.  He summoned Jurrac Guaiba and crashed into my Hamster, leaving me to get Ryko.  He Set one back row and ended.  I Flip Summoned the Ryko, and he used Effect Veiler to negate its effect.  So, I played Dark Hole to clear the field, since I had no other way of dealing with his Guaiba.  I then summoned Spirit Reaper, which he used Solemn Warning on.  He Normal Summoned Rescue Rabbit, and I used my Effect Veiler on it.  He ended his turn without any back rows.  I drew Deep Sea Diva, which was really fortunate, and summoned it to Special Summon Lost Blue Breaker.  Blue Breaker attacked the Rabbit, and Diva attacked directly.  I Synchro Summoned T.G. Hyper Librarian and ended.  He summoned Tour Guide to Special Summon Sangan and overlay for Wind-Up Zenmaines.  He attacked with it, took 900 damage, and detached an Xyz Material.  After that, I activated Compulsory Evacuation Device to bounce the Zenmaines.  He then Special Summoned Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning, but I destroyed it with Solemn Judgment.  He Set a back row, but it couldn't stop my Librarian from beating him down over the next couple turns to win.
-Duel 2: He went first with Rescue Rabbit into Evolzar Laggia and two back rows.  I Set Tanngrisnir (white goat) and two back rows.  He summoned Jurrac Guaiba and attacked over my Tanngrisnir, letting him get another Guaiba.  I Special Summoned my Nordic Tokens, and he destroyed one of them with Laggia.  He then overlaid for another Evolzar Laggia.  Over the next couple turns, he summoned an Evolzar Dolkka, so I basically gave up at that.
-Duel 3: I went first with a Set Tanngrisnir (white goat) and one back row.  He summoned Kabazauls and attacked it, letting me get two Nordic Beast Tokens.  He then Set a card and ended.  I destroyed it with Mystical Space Typhoon on my turn, then summoned Reborn Tengu.  I used Mind Control to take the Kabazauls, then attacked with Tengu directly.  He dropped Gorz, which I was expecting, then overlaid for Utopia.  Unfortunately, the second Tengu was in my hand, which was really sad.  I actually died a little inside because of that.  It's okay, it won't happen very often.  Anyways, I was able to hold off his attacks with Utopia, but it didn't help that I kept drawing incoherent Monsters like Lost Blue Breaker and Tanngnjostr (black goat).  He was able to break through my Utopia with the Gorz and a Wind-Up Zenmaines, and I couldn't do much after that.  I was hoping to sack a Guldfaxe to make Thor, but I wasn't able to draw it.

OXX

So, I ended up going 3-2.  Oh well.  I think I'm going to either revamp my Nordic Diva deck or run something entirely different for next week.  We'll see...

Actually, after yesterday's tournament, I said that if I were to pull a second Ultra Skill Drain from the Turbo Pack, I'd play Dark Worlds next week.  That didn't happen yesterday, but I did pull the Ultra Rare Skill Drain today.  So, I would have a pair, except that I have already made plans to trade the first one away.  Maybe I'll be able to trade the second one as well...

Also, during the tournament, Yugilo was able to get the last Kaijudo Battle Deck at the shop.  He split it with Shien, so he got the Water/Darkness deck, and Shien got the Fire/Nature deck.  So now, quite a few people are actually getting Kaijudo cards.  And of course, others have expressed interest in the game; too bad each store only got 12 Battle Decks.  Honestly, that was kind of stupid, since now a bunch of people who want to play can't play for like a month.

But yeah, speaking of Kaijudo, I'm planning on uploading a deck profile for my Water/Darkness deck tomorrow (really today, since it's after midnight).  It's kind of pointless, since I'll be fixing up my deck on Wednesday, but it could give people an idea of what to do if they only have two Battle Decks, or something...

5 comments:

  1. I found one on amazon, but now i'm broke, so it'll be a pain to try and build it from one deck... is there a better online site then kaijudo.com? or is that the only one, cuz its really been pissing me off with its shit AI and not letting me custom my decks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only site I know of to play Kaijudo online.

      You can actually build a pretty decent deck from just one Battle Deck set. You just have to use three colors.

      Delete
  2. Hey thanks for teaching me the Kaijudo. I was glad I went yesterday to 3js. I think Kaijudo is a good game compare to other games that I picked up such as Vanguard! Card Fight. VCF was a little bit confusing for me, but Kaijudo is a straight up easy to follow game from the beginning. I like how Kaijudo cant use any card as mana like World of Warcraft. So unlike Magic the Gathering where if you don't have any mana, well you're screwed. So I'm hoping to see your "video profile" on how you did your deck. Maybe you should do combos with Kaijudo too. I think that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy...How about a deck that mashes Scrap and Nordics??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People have done that before. Even though the Scraps would add beaters and help the deck be more aggressive, there's no real synergy.

      Delete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.