Saturday, April 2, 2011

Tournament Report 4/2/11

If you didn't already see the announcement on my YouTube channel, then the reason I haven't been posting/uploading videos if because my computer was down for a few days.

Anyway, I took my Scrap Worms deck to locals again. I was able to go with Aki, and vadangchoinga and Yusei JB happened to be there.

It was a fairly small tournament (only like 24 players), and more than half of them were newbs.

Round 1: vs Six Samurai

-Duel 1: He opened with Gateway and Six Samurai United. I would've been able to do something if I had drawn a Tuner, but I didn't, so I ended up getting swarmed.
-Duel 2: I controlled him with Scraps and such.
-Duel 3: Same as the previous duel.

Round 2: vs Volcanics

This was my Round 6 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: My hand started out pretty bad, but I eventually was able to Synchro Summon Scrap Dragon and win.
-Duel 2: Same, except that my hand was better this time.

Round 3: vs Newbie Fabled

This guy liked to use Karma Cut, Phoenix Wing Wind Blast, and Dark Core. But because of the way he played, he would only be able to use one before the others became dead cards. I took advantage of that and 2-0'd him, of course. Drawing Scrap Chimera in my starting hand helped, too.

Round 4: vs Blackwings

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament. By the way, there was only one more undefeated played, and he ended up getting paired down and losing, making this the finals.

-Duel 1: I used Monster-removal Traps on all of the Monsters that he summoned. He ended up drawing mostly Monsters, so all I had to do was control him for a few turns to win. I also top-decked Scrap Chimera after a while to go for game.
-Duel 2: Same thing, kind of. I opened with Scrap Chimera, Scrap Beast, Scrap Goblin, and some other stuff. I remember a really good play that I made: He had one back row and Bora on the field. I Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon using Cyber Dragon and Scrap Goblin. He flipped Solemn Warning, and I revived Scrap Beast. My Mind Control then let me take his Bora and make another Scrap Dragon. He bounced it with Brionac on his turn, and still had one card left in hand. I drew another Scrap Chimera, summoned it, and tried to revive Scrap Beast. He dropped D.D. Crow, but I didn't mind. I Set Solemn Warning, and he bounced it with the card he drew. I just Synchro Summoned Scrap Archfiend to take control and win.

So yeah, I went undefeated again and got some store credit. I ended up buying the two Gleipnirs and the Thor I needed to complete the Nordic deck, which I will hopefully be making soon. I just need to figure out what engine to run with it.

Aki, vadangchoinga, and Yusei JB all ended up going X-1, so that was pretty good. Too bad they didn't win anything. By the way, Aki was able to take down two Six Samurai decks, which was pretty cool. He lost to Dragunities, sadly.

So yeah, another good week at the card shop.

3 comments:

  1. Wil you be running mega hamsters in your built?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    I was thinking about maybe one or two. I just don't want to depend on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nordic Beasts are the beast way to go, mega hamster is good support and dark desertapir with gold sarco is a good engine to abuse, especially with triple sarco now.

    Gl with it.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.