Saturday, April 16, 2011

Random Stuff #27

So, I've been super busy all week with a failed endeavor, which is why I haven't been posting here.

Anyway, I was able to put together a Junk Doppel-ish deck today. I made it like my old Quickdraw-abusing deck, which had 30 Monsters. This one also has 30 Monsters, and it's a lot easier to make a deck like this because of all of the new Special Summon Monsters that Konami was silly enough to make.

To help with the Doppel theme, I added a Frog engine. Swap Frog can Special Summon itself, recycle Monsters (like a Junk Synchron that revives it, essentially getting you a +1), and dump Treeborn Frog to the Graveyard. When Treeborn Frog comes out, you can Special Summon Doppelwarrior from your hand, and such.

Unfortunately, the way this format is basically kills the deck's playability. Royal Tribute hurts, and the deck can't push through multiple back rows without Trap Stun, which you won't always have. And, when its combos are locked down, the deck fails. That's why I stopped playing any Quickdraw Plant-esque decks. It's still fun to random rush OTK people, though.

So yeah, Trishula is going to start wrecking the format next week. Effect Veiler might be a good card to stop it, making your opponent minus, unless they did the whole Foolish Burial/Debris Dragon combo. Herald of Orange Light would also be good, but Fairies aren't going to be around in the TCG until July or something.

Gold Series 4 was also announced. I really hate that it comes with a play mat, since that jacks up the price by $10. I don't want to have to pay extra for something I don't want. Konami is pretty smart (read "evil") sometimes. Now if only they were smart enough to ban Tech Genus Hyper Librarian...

Oh yeah, XX-Saber Emmersblade will soon be available to everyone in Hidden Arsenal: Special Edition. I was kind of waiting for this, so I'm happy about it. What I'm not happy about is that everyone will be able to afford X-Sabers, which in the hands of newbs is a sack deck.

The other half of the HA:SE promos is Naturia Pineapple. It's actually quite convenient, since I was considering using it in my Nordic deck. All of the Nordic Beasts are Beasts, so why not? The deck won't be completely dependent on it, of course, since most of the Synchros I would go for aren't Beast or Plant-Type.

Lastly, I'm planning on making another deck profile for my Scrap Worms deck. I'm still deciding on whether or not to include the Side Deck. Probably not, but we'll see.

4 comments:

  1. The $30 price tag for GS4 will jack up the secondary market prices too, because less of the product will be opened... so much for cheap DCKs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Michael Bonacini

    At least they'll be cheaper than they are now. I guess that I'll actually make somewhat of an effort to get a few, as long as they aren't short printed or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably what causes me to rage against this game. Even if Doomcal gets the Gold Rare treatment, chances are the stupid card will still get expensive just like most of the cards like Dark Armed, Judgment-D, Solemn, and among other cards. Heh, I'd rather spend on the single cards alone than go all crazy on the boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @DZH501st

    Yeah, I doubt I would buy the packs unless the other Gold Rares were worth getting or the Commons were really good. If it's just for the Commons, then I wouldn't buy more than four packs or something.

    At least the packs are a little cheaper at Franks, so it's not as bad as buying from a retail store.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.