Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Debris Heroes

So, I was thinking about switching to a Debris Hero deck if I decide to stop using my Scrap deck.

They seem kind of similar, except that while Heroes gain advantage by just existing, Scraps work for their advantage through Scrap Dragon plays and such.

I like how E-Hero Absolute Zero is safe to drop to the field, much like Scrap Dragon, since when either dies, they provide you with some form of a defense. However, Heroes don't do much against back rows, as opposed to the Scrap Synchros, which can remove them from the field fairly easily.

Miracle Fusion is also faster than Scrap Chimera, allowing you to bait out Traps with your Normal Summon, then push with Fusions. However, if you're under Royal Oppression or if you don't have Fusion Materials in the Graveyard, then Miracle Fusion is much more useless.

But, Debris Hero decks have more ways to make big plays, using Polymerization, Miracle Fusion, and Debris Dragon. I like the concept of being able to destroy the field at the cost of a Normal Summon, especially if you can follow it up with a Fusion.

Unfortunately, the Debris Hero deck that I've come up with doesn't have much room to innovate, both with the Main Deck and the Extra Deck. I struggled to include the basic defensive line-up from my Scrap deck, including the Effect Veiler, but I didn't have room for Forbidden Chalice or Lance. However, I made an effort to Main Deck Maxx "C", since it's a Debris target and basically every deck in the meta Special Summons, some more than others...

I also forced the inclusion of Spirit Reaper and Reaper on the Nightmare, allowing me to dump a Debris target with E-Hero Prisma if need be.

I feel like I need to Main Deck more Spell/Trap hate, but I've been using about the same amount in my Scrap deck, and it's been doing fine. I'm also not sure of how the Side Deck will look because I can't be entirely sure what this deck's match-ups will be like. I feel as though I'd have a better match-up against Dragunities, Hero Beat, and X-Sabers, but a worse match-up against Six Samurai and possibly Gravekeeper's. The Chaos Plant match-up is unclear, unfortunately. I guess that having Debris Dragon to blow up the field would be useful against them, but they could just Trishula away all of my cards fairly easily.

Here's the deck list I'm working with, if anyone was wondering:

Monsters: (18)

E-Hero Neos Alius x2
E-Hero Stratos
E-Hero Prisma x2
E-Hero Ocean
Honest
Debris Dragon x2
E-Hero Voltic
E-Hero Bubbleman
Sangan
King of the Swamp x2
Snowman Eater
Spirit Reaper
Maxx "C"
Effect Veiler

Spells: (16)

Dark Hole
Giant Trunade
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Book of Moon
Polymerization x2
Miracle Fusion x3
Future Fusion
Super Polymerization
E - Emergency Call x3
Reinforcement of the Army

Traps: (7)

Dimensional Prison x2
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Solemn Warning x2
Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck: (15)

Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Black Rose Dragon
Iron Chain Dragon
Ally of Justice Catastor
Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste
E-Hero The Shining x2
E-Hero Absolute Zero x3
E-Hero Terra Firma
E-Hero Gaia
E-Hero Mariner
Reaper on the Nightmare
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

By the way, I've been comparing it to my Scrap deck because they're so similar. For instance, the Monsters can stand alone fairly well, and some can gain advantage by themselves. However, they work better in combos, of course.

I'm a little worried, because when Aki and I went to YCS Anaheim and participated in the Win-a-Mat side events, Aki lost in the first round both times. He noted that the level of the players there was higher than those at our locals, which wasn't surprising. What I'm worried about is whether Aki lost because of his lack of competitive experience or because his deck wasn't fit for the format.

That's why I'm still iffy on switching decks. Scraps have been everything I've wanted in a deck, so I'm hesitant to switch. If they're not going to be fit for the meta, then I'll probably have to.

3 comments:

  1. In my anon oPinion, stick with the scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why dont you try dragunitys ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous #2

    Dragunities are too predictable and lose card advantage too easily. I do have the cards for it, but I don't like the deck all that much anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.