Sunday, April 17, 2011

Tournament Report 4/17/11

So, I went to locals with Scrap Worms, as usual. I actually decided at the last minute to try out one of the Forbidden Lances that I traded for last weekend. I'm probably going to make a deck profile video today, so I'll talk about that and such.

I played on the Duel Terminals for a little bit. I got quite a few decent cards, including The Fabled Cerburrel, The Fabled Catsith, and Naturia Exterio.

Round 1: vs Debris Plants

-Duel 1: I drew no Scrap Chimeras. Normally, that's not a problem, but it becomes a problem when he drops successive Chaos Sorcerers to keep removing the Synchros I was able to summon normally.
-Duel 2: I don't remember how I won. I just controlled him, I guess.
-Duel 3: He took so long with each turn that we went into time on his turn. I pushed for a bunch of damage on my first turn in time, forcing him to do over 6200 damage on the last turn he had. He couldn't, and scooped after thinking it through for at least five minutes...

Round 2: vs Gravekeeper's

-Duel 1: I drew really well, and he didn't draw many Spells/Traps. I was able to push through and destroy his Necrovalley to make my Scrap Chimera live. With a Scrap Dragon on the field, Gravekeeper's can't do much to stop it.
-Duel 2: He first turn Royal Tributed me. It was okay, since I had no Monsters in hand (yay, Scrapyard!), and he had to discard a Descendant. Yay, minus-2! He flipped Summon Limit on me, and I didn't really care, since I could control him with Spells/Traps for long enough to Synchro Summon a Scrap Dragon. So yeah, I did that and won.

Round 3: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 2 opponent from the Win-a-Mat that I played in on the first day of the YCS last weekend.

-Duel 1: He opened really badly, attacking me with Shinai, then two Spell Strikers. I just Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon and won.
-Duel 2: He swarmed me with Kagemusha, Kizan, Shinai, and two Mizuho. I had a Forbidden Chalice for one Mizuho, but I wasn't able to deal with both. After he Synchro Summoned Shi En, I drew a Puppet Plant, but I wouldn't have been able to get rid of the Shi En after I stole it. So, I just Set the Plant to see what he would do against it. When you know that you're going to lose, you should still continue the duel to possibly gain information. Just a helpful tip.
-Duel 3: He didn't draw many Traps, so I just played through his thin back row to win. He also misplayed, using Mizuho to destroy my face-up Scrap Goblin instead of my Set back row when he had Crevice Into the Different Dimension Set. If he had destroyed my Dimensional Prison, he would've been able to attack over my Scrap Chimera and Goblin, then remove them both when Goblin's effect would activate. Either way, I had Mind Control and Scrap Beast in hand to keep control of the game. The way I finished the game was pretty cool, too. His last two cards ended up being Shinai and Grandmaster against my Scrap Dragon. I topped Puppet Plant, then used it and the Mind Control to move his Monsters out of the way so that Scrap Dragon could attack for game.

Round 4: vs Chaos Plants

I was facing Yusei JB. We agreed to a split, and such. Not much else to say.

-Duel 1: Chaos Sorcerer is evil. I seriously need more outs to it, though I usually don't drop a Scrap Dragon if it would be vulnerable to a Chaos Sorcerer play.
-Duel 2: He didn't draw as well as before, and I was able to take control with Synchros and such. I don't remember exactly what happened.
-Duel 3: I opened with four Monsters. The reason this is significant is because he destroyed my back row with Mystical Space Typhoon, then picked my hand apart with Spirit Reaper. He hit my Scrap Chimera, unfortunately. Not that it would've mattered, since he had three back rows, one of which was Solemn Warning. So yeah, JB broke my winning streak. How sad...

Round 5: vs Gravekeeper's

This guy has seen my videos before, so he knew from my mat and from my opening play that I was playing Scrap Worms.

-Duel 1: I opened with Scrapyard for Scrap Beast, summoned it, then Set Scrapstorm, Mystical Space Typhoon, and Scapegoat. MST destroyed his Necrovalley when he attacked with Descendant, and I was able to continually poke with Scrap Beast.
-Duel 2: He ended up Setting five back rows to start. I Normal Summoned Worm Xex, which got Solemnly Warned. It sucks that people know about Worms now... Anyway, I Set two back rows, which got destroyed by double MST. Because of that, I played my Closed Forest on my next turn, thinking that it would be safe to do so. But, he flipped Dark Bribe, which meant that my Closed Forest would get no use. I was still able to win, since he drew practically no Monsters.

We played another duel for fun. I was finally able to use Closed Forest, and it got my Scrap Beast up to 2100 ATK. Yay! I seriously don't know how I was able to wreck Gravekeeper's so easily today. I think they just got unlucky, but it happens when they play a deck like that.

JB ended up winning, so I got half a box of Starstrike Blast. I kind of got the better half, pulling an Ultra Rare Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei", an Ultimate Rare Scrap Twin Dragon, two Karakuri Ninja mdl 339 "Sazank", two Wattsquirrel (good Side Deck card for the upcoming Junk Doppel menace), a Formula Synchron, and an Ally Salvo.

So yeah, I went 4-1, getting 3rd place and a Hobby League Nobleman of Crossout. I just need to Side Deck more heavily against Chaos Plants, as I did when Debris Plants were popular. But yeah, pretty good, overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.