Saturday, April 30, 2011

EXVC Sneak Preview

I went to the smaller card shop with Aki for the Sneak Preview for various reasons. One is that they let you enter as many times as you want.

So, I entered once and pulled Shien's Dojo and Blackwing - Kogarashi the Wanderer. Aki pulled an Ultra Rare T.G. Blade Blaster. Kinda okay.

I entered four more times, and pulled two more Dojos, a Super Rare Reborn Tengu, an Ultra Rare E-Hero Neos Knight, an Ultra Rare T.G. Blade Blaster, Blue Rose Dragon, and some decent Psychic and T.G. Commons and Rares. Then, I went on a trading mission.

Someone had pulled a Scrap Orthros, but they wanted Karakuri Cash Shed. One person who had Karakuri Cash Shed wanted Junk Berserker. One of my friends pulled a Junk Berserker, so I traded him two Shien's Dojos for it. I traded the Junk Berserker for the Karakuri Cash Shed and Hushed Psychic Cleric. I then traded the Cash Shed and the last Dojo for the Scrap Orthros. Success!

During that time, Aki was dueling against a Mist Valley player. I joined him at the table to sort my cards, then went and bought a box of Hidden Arsenal 4 for a very nice price. The first pack had Trishula in it, so I was already satisfied with the box. What's more amazing is that the fifth pack also had a Trishula. I stuck that one in my trade binder after going through the box. Other notable pulls include two The Fabled Cerburrel, three Genex Ally Birdman, and a Naturia Landoise.

Some people then came up to me asking for Meklord stuff. So I traded them a bunch of Meklord Army Monsters and Meklord support Spells/Traps for T.G. and Psychic cards.

When Aki finished his duel, I talked to his opponent a little bit about his deck. It was quite interesting. He also asked about my deck, and he was interested in how the Worms worked. So, we dueled. In the first duel, I drew a Trap-heavy hand and controlled him with that, beating him down with Scrap Beast. Solemn Warning made sure his Reborn Tengu didn't hit the field.

In the second duel, I drew a similar hand, but I got locked down by Royal Oppression, and I didn't draw any Spell/Trap removal. What's cool about my opponent's deck is that he could just bounce his Oppression with Mist Valley Thunder Lord or Falcon, proceed to Special Summon with Divine Wind of Mist Valley, and re-Set Royal Oppression.

In the third duel, I ground him down with Scrap Golem, and Divine Wind of Mist Valley and Reborn Tengu kept gaining him cards. But, once he was out of Traps, I was free to rip his field apart with Scrap (Twin) Dragons. It was a really entertaining duel.

I also noticed that the Mist Valley player was using one Super Rare Reborn Tengu. So I traded an extra Ultra Rare one that I picked up in a trade I don't remember and my T.G. Blade Blaster for his Super Rare Reborn Tengu, a Common Miracle Fusion, and some Rares.

After that, I traded the Kogarashi to my Round 4 opponent from this tournament for a Debunk. Then, I traded Blue Rose Dragon to my Round 5 opponent from this tournament for two Duel Terminal King of the Swamp, a Duel Terminal Mystical Space Typhoon, a Duel Terminal Jurrac Guaiba, Ally of Justice Core Destroyer, and a T.G. Striker.

At that point, I had already gotten three T.G. Striker, Warwolf, and Rush Rhino, so I had the T.G. engine to work with. I also got three each of Esper Girl, Serene Psychic Witch, Hushed Psychic Cleric, Psychic Feel Zone, and Brain Hazard. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the Silent Psychic Wizards.

The tournament organizers then raffled out a bunch of the mats. Neither Aki or I got one. Then, they said that they would raffle off one more if two more sets of packs were bought. I bought one and my Round 2 opponent from last weekend bought another. I ended up winning that mat, so that was cool. I'm probably just going to trade it.

That's basically all I did at the Sneak Preview. Getting all of the cards for the T.G. engine allowed me to make a deck around it, which will be featured in videos starting tomorrow.

So yeah, this Sneak Preview was actually really good for me. The last two weren't that good, so this one was definitely a lot better.

5 comments:

  1. T.G has huge potential even more so in the tcg then ocg because of reborn tengu! Recently a T.G deck won a ocg tournment of over 100 players you should check it out and goodluck with your build =D

    http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/16583851/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    I've seen that build, and I think that the reason it did so well was because of the focused anti-meta that the deck contained. I mean, Main Decked King Tiger Wanghu and three Doomcaliber Knights in the Side Deck do a lot in the OCG. But, they don't do nearly as much in the TCG against stuff like Gravekeeper's or Six Samurai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, u are malaysian right? where is the extreme victory sneak peek in malaysia? ahh can't seem to find it in singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous #2

    I'm not Malaysian, I live in the United States. Sorry, but I don't know where any OCG Sneak Previews would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It says:
    Aki pulled and T.G. Blade Blaster

    Should be:
    Aki pulled a T.G. Blade Blaster

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.