Saturday, April 23, 2011

Tournament Report 4/22/11

So, I went to that smaller card shop because I felt like going on a Friday. I took my Scrap Worms, as usual.

Since Banisher of the Radiance has been failing me, I switched it to a Nobleman of Crossout. You can Warning a Banisher, but it's hard to stop a Crossout.

Round 1: vs Fabled

-Duel 1: This guy drew an amazing hand, swarming me on the first turn. He summoned Fabled Leviathan, and I tried to make it Miss the Timing with Ryko's effect, but he kept saying that it worked no matter what. I didn't feel like arguing it, so I let him take back his stuff. Unfortunately, I didn't draw any Tuners, not that it mattered. He had a Set Royal Oppression to push through my Scapegoat and kill me.
-Duel 2: I beat him down with Scrap Beast and Worm Xex. I made an overextension, fearing Morphing Jar, but he flipped Torrential Tribute, destroyed the field. I was ahead by a bunch, so I didn't mind. I cleared the remnants of his field with Ally Salvo and Dust Tornado, letting me push with Scraps to win.
-Duel 3: Maxx "C" is amazing. I mean, wow. I drew three cards off of his Kruz/Monster Reborn play. So freaking good. He Synchro Summoned Thought Ruler Archfiend with the Special Summoned materials, netting me that third draw. I Dark Holed, then Monster Reborned it. He tried to flip Crevice Into the Different Dimension, but there were no other Dark Monsters, so that was a bust. I ended up winning with the overwhelming advantage Maxx "C" provided.

Round 2: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 3 opponent from last weekend.

-Duel 1: Double United, Kageki, Kagemusha, draw four, Gateway, Synchro Shi En, drop Grandmaster, drop Kizan, Set two Double-Edged Sword Techniques. Yeah, I lost. Not to mention that he used one of those Double-Edged Sword Techniques to bring out a Trishula, using the Kizan already on the field. It wasn't as traumatizing as I expected, since I had two outs to his Synchros in my hand, and he only could hit one. Either way, he drew Mizuho, and I only had one Spell/Trap, which is useless against Shi En.
-Duel 2: I stopped a reckless Trishula play with Solemn Judgment. It didn't matter, though, since Double-Edged Sword Technique(s) (I forget how many...) got him Shi En and Barkion. Together with Royal Oppression, my hand of two Scrap Chimeras and a Giant Trunade and field of Set Dust Tornado and Monster Reborn couldn't get through his set-up. How sad, the first time I've lost a match to Six Samurai since the ban list...

Round 3: vs Gravekeeper's

This guy wasn't that experienced, so he was using some odd card choices (mained Starlight Road) and made quite a few misplays.

-Duel 1: He didn't draw into Necrovalley, so I kept poking with Scrap Chimera, Cyber Dragon, and Worm Xex, preventing him from keeping a Monster on the field. My back row was pretty helpful, too. By the time he drew a Necrovalley, I had a Mystical Space Typhoon for it. When I finally drew into a Tuner (that seems to be a big problem, I should probably run more), I used Giant Trunade and summoned Scrap Beast to Synchro Summon Scrap Dragon. I took complete control of the game from there and won.
-Duel 2: He opened with four Set back rows and a Set Monster. I Special Summoned Cyber Dragon to bait out a Solemn Warning, but he let it through. Then I used Giant Trunade and summoned Scrap Beast. Cyber Dragon attacked over Spy, and Scrap Beast attacked over the Recruiter it brought out. He searched Commandant, and I used Monster Reborn on Spy to Synchro Summon Thought Ruler Archfiend. Such a good decision. His Dimensional Prisons were unable to get rid of it, and I gained a bunch of LP, leaving me with a maximum of 13100 LP. In that time, I had drawn a Closed Forest and successfully resolved it. When he revealed Mirror Force with Pot of Duality, I switched Thought Ruler Archfiend to DEF and pushed with Cyber Dragon. He eventually used Pot of Duality to get Dark Hole, then played it. I Chained Forbidden Lance to attempt to protect Thought Ruler, but he negated it with Solemn Judgment, leaving him with 700 LP. I drew out the Mirror Force with Scrap Beast, and after a couple turns, he was able to destroy my Closed Forest with Descendant. I blasted his back row with Malevolent Catastrophe, and used Dark Hole to destroy two Descendants. Unfortunately, all I had left was a Scrap Goblin and a Solemn Judgment. Both of those were Set, and he tried to Special Summon Malefic Stardust Dragon. I negated it with the Judgment, and his last two cards were just two copies of Necrovalley. I topped Scrap Beast and ended it.

It was a short tournament, only three rounds. I ended up getting 3rd by going 2-1, and I got a couple of Turbo Pack 4's. I was disappointed, since last time we got Turbo Pack 2's. I was even more disappointed because the Rare in both of the packs was Swallow Flip. Oh well.

Either way, it was a pretty important experience for me today. I learned to fear Trishula, I guess. I didn't really hurt me all that much because my hand was already bad to begin with, and the other times, I had counters to it. More importantly, though, I learned the power of Maxx "C"! Now, I'm going to make an effort to Side Deck more than one, since it's freakin' amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.