Thursday, April 7, 2011

Continuing Down the Path

So, I asked everyone I know to try and find me Closed Forests, but to no avail.

Since I still feel like I need them, I'll be going to three different GameStops to trade in old garbagy games (mostly old Naruto games) to hopefully be able to get three copies of Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Duel Transer. Yeah, I'm going to have to get the games to get the cards.

With that, my Side Deck would be finished, and such. I would have 2-3 copies of a video game I'd never play, but I also have a plan for those.

When Pokemon Grey (or whatever the third version of Black/White will be called) comes out, I can trade in 2-3 copies of Duel Transer to buy it! It's the perfect plan, kind of.

Also, unrelated to this, I'm trying to find room for Thought Ruler Archfiend in my Extra Deck.

While I almost never summon a Synchro Monster that's not a Scrap Synchro, it's helpful to have the option, especially against Hero Beat. The only thing I could think to take out is Avenging Knight Parshath, but it's won me too many games (at least three). Unfortunately, the summoning conditions for the two are basically the same, since almost all of my non-Tuners are Light.

The Naturia Synchros kind of just take up two spaces, but they have earned those spots. And they kind of have to be there, with Scapegoat in the deck and all.

I'm leaning towards taking out Avenging Knight, but it's an auto-win against Frog Monarchs and Fish OTK. Auto-win. And I like to win the first duel of a match.

Thought Ruler Archfiend is helpful against Hero Beat (and Gravekeeper's and Blackwings, to a certain extent) in the same way, negating Dimensional Prisons and Gemini Sparks.

I might just end up dropping Colossal Fighter. It hasn't helped me all that much recently, and it's not particularly good against any of the popular decks at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried out Ancient Fairy Dragon in your Extra Deck. Helps to destroy Necrovalley as well as having a 3000 DEF to stall out against Heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL do post a side deck so that we can help you decide what to take out :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lauren

    I can't summon Ancient Fairy Dragon effectively, and the Extra Deck is already tight on space.

    @mike

    Do you mean Extra Deck? I've already decided to take out Colossal Fighter, since it's not that good anymore. The main decks that it was good against, Lightsworn and Blackwings, are dead now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colossal can still clear a field of Buriedos, he's really effective against Scrap Dragon (Suiciding and then attacking again). But I agree that his hay-day is passed.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.