Monday, May 2, 2011

Regionals This Weekend...

So, after being taunted with the EXVC Sneak Preview, I won't be able to use those cards for the Regional. I was happy about that at first. But then I realized that the EXVC cards could help me quite a bit.

Anyway, I might be able to actually go to a tournament this Friday to get a last bit of practice before the Regional. I'm hoping to do pretty well, seeing as how the brokenness known as T.G. Hyper Librarian hasn't gotten here, yet.

Either way, I don't have much to change in my Scrap Worms deck. The Side Deck is the main thing, since the Main Deck doesn't have much room for changes.

So I'm thinking about Side Decking a third Effect Veiler over a second D.D. Crow. D.D. Crow is nice against Dragunities, Fish OTK (not FTK), Chaos Plants/Junk Doppel, and X-Sabers. I actually almost forgot that removing one of the targets of Gottoms' Emergency Call with D.D. Crow also stops the other target from being Special Summoned.

Effect Veiler does basically everything D.D. Crow does except stop Pot of Avarice and revival cards, which I don't particularly care about. That actually makes me consider; I might want to side D.D. Crow in against Six Samurai, since multiple Double-Edged Sword Techniques are proving to be annoying when I don't have a Scrap Dragon out.

I'll probably keep the balance at what it is now, since I kind of need the remove from play ability provided by D.D. Crow, especially since I decided to drop Banisher of the Radiance.

Oh yeah, I'll be trying to pick up cards from EXVC, mainly Silent Psychic Wizard and Overmind Archfiend. I guess I can try to pick up Tour Guides before the price shoots up like crazy.

So yeah, why am I barfing my random thoughts onto a blog post? I don't have much else to talk about. Maybe I'll look more into a Psychic or T.G. deck later in the week.

2 comments:

  1. Partially the reason I didn't play in my last regional - this is an awkward time, right before everything comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Michael Bonacini

    Regionals are still a really fun experience, and I'm still working to Top 8 a Regional with Scrap Worms. Seeing as how this'll be the last week I play the deck, most likely, I'm pretty excited for the Regional

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.