Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tournament Report 5/28/11

I went with Scraps Reborn again. There weren't many people, and most of them were newbs. No Gravekeeper's or Six Samurai in sight... There were three other people playing Scraps, though. They all played weird builds though, using stuff like Meklord Emperor Granel and even Genex Ally Birdman...

TCG Duel Terminal 5 (a.k.a. OCG Duel Terminal 9) was here today. I wasted $50 on it and was fairly satisfied with the cards I pulled. I pulled three Gem-Knight Garnet, one Sapphire, one Tourmaline, one Alexandrite, one Gem-Armadillo, two Gem-Merchants, two Gem-Knight Ruby, one Topaz, two Gem-Knight Fusions, and two Gem-Enhancements. Can you tell I'm excited about Gem-Knights?

I also pulled a Necro Gardna, Level Eater, My Body as a Shield, Foolish Burial, Trap Stun, and two D.D. Crows, the latter of which went into my Side Deck. Thankfully, I didn't pull much Vylon stuff, but unfortunately, I pulled a bunch of Laval stuff that wasn't Soaring Eagle Above the Searing Land. Well, it was still pretty good.

Oh, and I was able to pick up a second T.G. Wonder Magician and a T.G. Power Gladiator. Now I have all of the T.G. Synchros that I need, so the deck shall be completed!

Round 1: vs Gladiator Beasts

I don't know why, but I had a feeling that this guy was playing Gravekeeper's. I guess it's nice that I was wrong.

-Duel 1: I swarmed with Scraps after getting rid of all of his back rows. I negated his Gladiator Proving Ground with Solemn Judgment when he was top-decking, winning me the duel.
-Duel 2: Reborn Tengu wasted all of his cards and beat him down. It's just too good.

Round 2: vs Machina Gadgets

This guy recognized me from YouTube by my mat, so he knew what I was playing.

-Duel 1: He opened with three Gadgets in hand, so he couldn't do much to combat my Scrap Beast.
-Duel 2: He made the misplay of using Book of Moon on my Cyber Dragon before I fused for Chimeratech Fortress Dragon. I could still fuse, since I can reveal my own face-down Fusion Materials, and if he had saved the Book, he could've saved himself 3000 LP and the Smashing Ground he tried to use in the Chimeratech on his turn. So yeah, that misplay cost him dearly, and I won, despite not drawing any Scrap Tuners for the whole duel...

Round 3: vs All-Monsters

I was dueling against Yugilo. He filmed these duels, so I assume they'll be on his channel soon.

Round 4: vs Frog Monarchs

-Duel 1: I had control, but lost to a top-decked Caius since my LP were too low.
-Duel 2: I drew two Effect Veilers in my starting hand in addition to a Scrap Chimera, Scrap Beast, and Scrapstorm. Yeah, I won.
-Duel 3: I ran out of outs to Monarchs and lost to a top-decked Raiza...

Round 5: vs Frog Monarchs

This guy was my previous opponent's friend, so they had similar, if not the same, builds.

-Duel 1: He drew very few Monarchs, but I drew two Reborn Tengus. It was okay, though, since they could beat him down while he was waiting for the few Monarchs that he did draw.
-Duel 2: Grr, top-decked Caius. I actually drew a D.D. Crow this time (as opposed to not having drawn it last match), but it didn't do anything since he opened with Swap Frog.
-Duel 3: For some reason, I was drawing Chimeras instead of Tuners, so when I tried to revive the one Tuner I did have in the Graveyard, it got removed by D.D. Crow. I then lost to two Enemy Controllers, stealing my defenses and preventing me from using Scrapstorm.

Ugh, wow, I haven't done this badly at locals in months. Well, whatever, it happens. It's not like my opponents will draw all of their Monarchs all the time.

So, the same problem of not drawing Scrap Tuners often enough has arisen again. I don't know how, or if, I should deal with it. Short of buying multiple copies of Pot of Duality, there's not much that I can think to do for this type of build. I mean, I don't want to draw my Scrap Tuners too much, or draw too many in a row. Hmm, I'll have to figure this out...

3 comments:

  1. DT05! This canadian is jelly lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im runnning a similar deck and im also having issues with the tuners. ive been using 1 duality. it does help alot but the tuner issue is still a problem

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LFN

    Yeah, the D.D. Crows look awesome. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait for like a year to get the rest of the Gem-Knights...

    @Michael

    Well, at least for my build, there's about an 80% chance of opening with a Scrap Tuner or Scrapyard. So it shouldn't be a problem drawing a Scrap Tuner within the first few turns. Maybe adding a Foolish Burial could help, but I'm not sure about that.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.