Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tournament Report 5/21/11

I went again with Scraps Reborn. Yeah, nothing much. I did pull a Naturia Landoise from the Duel Terminals, and the shop keeper said that Duel Terminal 5 would be in next week, so that's cool.

There weren't many people there today, about twenty, and most of them were newbs.

Round 1: vs Newbie Blackwings

I could tell that this guy was a newb because he kept saying, "My deck is really good, but I drew a bad hand," after I 2-0'd him. So yeah...

Round 2: vs Gladiator Beasts

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He started off fairly well, with Equeste and four back rows. I summoned Scrap Beast and crashed into Equeste. He summoned and attacked with Murmillo to tag to Equeste to retrieve the Equeste that had died. From there, he slowly gained control. I drew into Reborn Tengu, giving me field presence long enough for a Synchro Summon, and he had run out of back rows. If he had pushed recklessly with Gyzarus, I would have lost, but bluffing Scrapyard is quite helpful...
-Duel 2: He opened with Dimensional Fissure and some back rows. Summon Reborn Tengu; attack into Dimensional Prison, then the second one attacked into Mirror Force. The third Tengu was able to land a hit, but died next turn to Smashing Ground. He needed to kill all of the Tengus to attack with Retiari, which tagged for Laquari. I Special Summoned Cyber Dragon and Normal Summoned Scrap Goblin to Synchro Summon Thought Ruler Archfiend. Thought Ruler carried me through the rest of the game, completely ignoring his Dimensional Fissure.

Round 3: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I went first, Set some back rows, and Scrap Goblin. He summoned Kageki, and I used Effect Veiler, so he just Set four back rows. I used Mind Control to steal Kageki and Synchro with Scrap Goblin for Brionac. I discarded Scrap Golem to bounce a random card, then attacked. Next turn, he summoned Kagemusha, revived Kageki with Monster Reborn, then Synchro Summoned Shi En to run over Brionac. I forced Shi En's negation with Giant Trunade, then activated Monster Reborn for Scrap Golem. I was able to revive Scrap Goblin, but Golem got put down with Book of Moon. From there, I stalled with Scrap Chimera: revive Scrap Goblin, he attacks over Chimera for a little damage, then attacks Goblin to prevent me from Tribute Summoning Scrap Golem, Goblin's effect gets back Chimera, rinse and repeat. I wasn't able to draw an out to all of his back rows, though, and lost once he drew into Hand of the Six Samurai.
-Duel 2: I Set Scrap Beast and some back rows. He summoned Hand and Grandmaster, attacking over Scrap Beast and directly for some damage. Dark Hole destroyed his Samurai, but he got Hand back. I summoned another Scrap Beast (at least it's not like last week where I didn't draw Scrap Tuners...) and attacked directly. He repeated the Hand/Grandmaster play and attacked over my Beast again. Scrap Chimera came down to get me Scrap Dragon, and Scrap Orthros got me back Scrap Chimera, which sealed the deal. He didn't have the back row to deal with my Scraps.
-Duel 3: I locked down his Traps with a Royal Decree protected by Stardust Dragon. Very evil, I know.

Round 4: vs T.G. Beasts

My opponent this round was Yugilo, and he took video(s) (I'm not sure if he got the whole match) which will be on YouTube, so I won't spoil it.

Round 5: vs Six Samurai

This was my Round 5 opponent from last weekend.

-Duel 1: He had no back rows, so I could swarm unhindered.
-Duel 2: He bluffed Monster Reborn and Dark Hole as Traps, but Scrap Goblin and Reborn Tengu gave me an amazing Black Rose Dragon play to clear his field and still keep Monster presence. He couldn't recover from that, so I won.

I ended up topping and getting some store credit. I had gotten sleeves last weekend and didn't really need any cards, so I just bought packs. I pulled a T.G. Halberd Cannon, so I guess that makes it worth it.

So yeah, I pretty good weekend. I still need to work on my Side Deck, though.

1 comment:

  1. Great game Lightgrunty. I had an awesome time dueling you. Thanks for helping fine tune my deck. The videos are up. I felt asleep that's why it wasn't up earlier. I had to take a power nap after today's workout... lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.