Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Royal Decree

Has not been helping very much.

While it single-handedly won me one duel since I started using it, it hasn't really helped all that much since then. At the last local tournament I went to, I only drew it once, and I didn't even use it. It was just sitting there, as I didn't need it to protect my plays. Yes, it did allow me to play slightly more recklessly, but my opponent happened to have a Book of Moon or something, and I never even flipped the Decree.

Of course, it's not supposed to carry my deck, but it's supposed to help at least somewhat. I mean, I'm supposed to open with it once every few duels, and that doesn't even account for drawing into it later. It's just been pretty useless recently.

It makes me feel as though I shouldn't play it. I mean, let's list the decks it's good against:

Six Samurai
Gravekeeper's
Gladiator Beasts
Machina Gadgets
Random Stun

I don't count Hero Beat since they have Gemini Sparks, and I'd much rather just negate their summons with Warning and push through their back row. And, I guess I could include Worms, but meh. They could just Evil Dragon Ananta or whatever to destroy Royal Decree whenever they need to.

Now, let's list the decks it's good against that I actually care about:

Six Samurai
Gravekeeper's

Um, yeah... Against Gravekeeper's, with Closed Forest, it basically makes an auto-win scenario for me. Their Gravekeeper's can't get over Scrap Beast without Necrovalley, especially with the boost from Closed Forest, and their Traps are dead. They basically hope to draw both Mystical Space Typhoons or lose.

However, against Six Samurai, Seven Tools of the Bandit might be better. It pushes through Shi En's negation effect to stop stuff like Solemn Warning. The only problem is that Musakani Magatama is being used more, which stops Seven Tools...

I'm probably going to keep it in the deck for this weekend, and I'll see what happens before I decide on what to do.

4 comments:

  1. Play traps and like 2 Decree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    That's exactly what I've been doing. I just haven't been drawing the Decrees enough for them to help, or they haven't been doing anything once I have drawn them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your opponent is opening Warning, Magatama, and Shi En, you can't be expecting to win that game anyways lol (possible, just not probable)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michael Bonacini

    I could if I were still playing the Worm variant.

    Set Worm Yagan. Laugh when they attack it with Kizan, expecting a Ryko. Ah, good times.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.