Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tournament Report 3/26/11

So, I ended up going to locals with my Scrap Worms deck. A bunch of my friends were there, including vadangchoinga (who needs to upload videos more often) and Katana.

Um, not much else to say. The amount of people there was the usual. I only saw one person playing Fish OTK.

Round 1: vs Machina Returner

-Duel 1: He opened with Machina Gearframe, which he Unioned to the Machina Fortress he Special Summoned. He then Set some back rows and ended. I dropped Cyber Dragon, and it died to Bottomless Trap Hole. I dropped the second one and fused for Chimeratech Fortress Dragon. I was able to win from there without using any Worms. Conversely, I didn't see his Jinzo (Returner)s, so I didn't side for that.
-Duel 2: I keep control with Scraps and such. He did draw Future Fusion for double Jinzo, but it was too late. My victory was already set.

Round 2: vs Gladiator Beasts

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He drew really well, and I didn't. It might have ended differently if he had hit different cards with his Gyzarus, since he blindly hit both of the back rows that I needed to keep for later.
-Duel 2: He locked me down with Dimensional Fissure, and was drawing really well again. But I ran him out of Monsters and beat him down with Worm Xex to win.
-Duel 3: He started with Retiari and five back rows. I Set Ryko and a back row. He attacked, and I flipped Malevolent Catastrophe. He rage quit after that.

Round 3: vs Six Samurai

This guy wasn't very good...

-Duel 1: I think that I used Worm Yagan on his Shi En and proceeded to win.
-Duel 2: He started with Gateway, but I had double Effect Veiler, so I wasn't too worried. Unfortunately, he Normal Summoned Kizan. I couldn't get rid of the Gateway in the next turn, so he got a bunch of pluses off of it. However, I was able to stall behind a Scrap Goblin, then pick apart his field with a Mind Control into Scrap Dragon. I used both of my Effect Veilers on the Kagekis he summoned over the next two turns, and after I let him summon Shi En, I stole it with Puppet Plant to go for game.

Round 4: vs Twilight

I've seen this guy a lot at locals and bigger events, but I think that this is the first time I've played him.

-Duel 1: After having a D.D. Crow to stop my Scrap Chimera, he drops Judgment Dragon early game. I couldn't deal with it, so I died.
-Duel 2: Same deal, except that I could deal with the Judgment Dragon. He had milled two Garoth, so I used Cyber Dragon and Scrap Goblin to Synchro into Colossal Fighter. He tried to use D.D. Crow on his own Garoth, which he didn't know he couldn't do, letting me know he had the Crow. So I attacked the Judgment Dragon, then the Wulf he got for free the previous turn. He dropped Chaos Sorcerer, and I put the Effect Veiler I had recently drawn to good use. However, he milled Plaguespreader Zombie soon after, giving him his third Dark. I lost to Dark Armed Dragon, which was horrible.

Round 5: vs Blackwings

This was my Round 5 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He opened with Royal Oppression and Black Whirlwind. Seriously...? He then drew into Blizzard and Dark Armed to kill me.
-Duel 2: I opened with Cyber Dragon, Worm Xex, Worm Xex, Worm Yagan, and Worm Xex. Seriously........? However, my sixth card was Giant Trunade, which was okay. I made the obvious Worm Xex play and ended my turn. He summoned Shura, Set a bunch of back rows, and ended his turn. I flipped Worm Yagan to force the Icarus Attack, but he didn't have it. I then played Giant Trunade and Normal Summoned the Scrap Beast I had just drawn. I attacked with everything, then Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon. I was somehow able to win, getting a total of a plus-3 off of two Worm Yagans, one of which I used Book of Moon on after Flip Summoning to reset it.
-Duel 3: He started with a Set Gravekeeper's Spy and one back row. I Special Summoned Cyber Dragon. He flipped Royal Oppression, again (he did have it in the second duel, but I think that I got rid of it somehow), and I was forced to use my Mystical Space Typhoon. I attacked and he Special Summoned another Gravekeeper's Spy. The rest that I remember is him playing Black Whirlwind, summoning Bora to search Gale, then drawing into two Blizzards to kill me.

So I went 3-2, which was disappointing. My deck is supposed to have a really good match-up against Blackwings and Gladiator Beasts (my last opponent even admitted that he thought that he would auto-lose against me), but I can't do much when my opponents draw really well all the time.

By the way, the Fish OTK guy won, so I might have to watch out for that more. I was siding Trap Dustshoot and Mind Crush, so I think that I would've been okay.

Anyway, I might end up going to locals tomorrow as well. I'll have to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.