Friday, March 18, 2011

Tournament Report 3/18/11

I went to the smaller card shop that has those Xbox tournaments. I went with Katana, and I took my Scrap Worms deck, as usual.

There were only ten people there, but it was still enough for four rounds.

Round 1: vs Six Samurai

I had to play against Katana, sadly.

-Duel 1: I destroy him somehow.
-Duel 2: I couldn't get rid of his Dimensional Fissure at all. I didn't draw any Spell/Trap removal for some reason.
-Duel 3: I beat him down with Scraps and such. I didn't even draw my Side Decked cards...

Round 2: vs Newbie E-Heroes

He didn't even have Gaia or The Shining, so I won.

Round 3: vs Six Samurai

This guy wasn't very good and misplayed a lot. However, his luck carried him through the tournament, essentially.

-Duel 1: He goes first and opens with Gateway, Six Samurai United, and Temple of the Six. He makes a huge misplay by summoning before activating any of those cards, but he still won anyway, since he had them all.
-Duel 2: I drop both of my Naturia Synchros on him on my second turn, and he couldn't retaliate.
-Duel 3: He opened with Gateway, again... However, he didn't have a way to get rid of my Scrap Dragon, as he had clogged his field with five Monsters. When I summoned a Scrap Chimera, he Chained Torrential Tribute to its effect for some reason, letting me revive Scrap Beast with Chimera, and that Chimera with the Scrap Dragon that was destroyed. I destroyed his Gateway and proceeded to win from there.

Round 4: vs Dragunities

This guy was running a Dragunity variant with Blackwings, specifically Blizzard and Shura. I guess it makes Icarus Attack more viable.

-Duel 1: I opened with Scrap Golem and two Scrap Chimeras. As soon as a drew a Scrap Beast, I pulled off all of these Scrap shenanigans on him, and he couldn't keep up.
-Duel 2: I opened with Crevice Into the Different Dimension, removing both of his Phalanx. My hand wasn't really much beyond that, so I just stalled for a while until I drew Scrap Chimera. In the mean time, I stopped his Pot of Avarice with another Crevice, this time removing Aklys and Legionnaire. Once I had established a field with Scrap Dragon, he activated Dragon Ravine, and discarded his other Aklys to get Legionnaire. That was his last card, so I showed him my Set Solemn Warning, and he scooped.

So yeah, I went undefeated again, getting 1st place. As a prize, I got four packs of Turbo Pack 2, in addition to the one I got for participating. I pulled a Super Rare Beckoning Light and the Ultra Rare Chaos Sorcerer. The tournament organizer offered to buy the Chaos Sorcerer for a generous price, which I accepted.

Unfortunately, Katana didn't do so well, going 2-2. He's getting better, though.

So yeah, all in all, a pretty good tournament.

2 comments:

  1. OMG ultra chaos sorceror?? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mike

    Yeah, I didn't want to go to that card shop because the prizes weren't as good and the players there wouldn't be as much of a challenge as the players at the locals I usually go to. But pulling the Chaos Sorcerer and being able to sell it on the spot made it more than worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.