Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crazy Side Decking Idea

So I was just talking to my friend who has no idea about Yu-Gi-Oh about how annoying the meta will be with Empty Jar and Fish OTK everywhere.

During that chat, I decided that since my deck has a good match-up against everything except Empty Jar, Fish OTK, and Gravekeeper's, I could Main Deck the Side Decked hate against my good match-ups, then use my Side Deck almost exclusively for Empty Jar and Fish OTK.

What would that mean? My Side Deck might look something like this:

Effect Veiler x2
D.D. Crow x2
Extra Veiler x2
Banisher of the Radiance x2
Nobleman of Crossout
Mind Crush
Trap Dustshoot
Crevice Into the Different Dimension x2
Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror x2

The Shadow-Imprisoning is for Gravekeeper's, obviously. With this, I could Side Deck like ten cards against Empty Jar and Fish OTK, ensuring that I don't lose to them.

Of course, the usual Dimensional Prisons and Dust Tornadoes would be moved to the Main Deck. The only problem with this is the lack of space. But, if I could make it work, this would be awesome.

I'm going to try a less extreme version of this idea this weekend, and see if it's worth it. If people don't really catch on to the Empty Jar and Fish OTK decks, then I won't have to worry.

2 comments:

  1. ey what about reign-beaux again empty jar = a instant victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or Goldd or Gemini Imps. All those would be wins against Morphing Mill.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.