Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tournament Report 3/13/11

I went to locals again with my Scrap Worms deck.

I pulled some cards from the Duel Terminals before the tournament and got The Fabled Unicore, which is cool.

Round 1: vs Newbie Deck

I won...

Round 2: vs Disaster Dragon

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I beat him down with Scrap Dragons.
-Duel 2: I Creviced his two Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragons after he used Future Fusion, then beat him down with Scrap Twin Dragons.

Round 3: vs Newbie Gravekeeper's

This was my Round 1 opponent from last week. He was pretty annoying and got mad really easily, so I acted pretty coldly towards him, not that you care.

-Duel 1: I start with Scrap Chimera and five back rows. Most of them were bluffs, but I didn't want him seeing my hand with Royal Tribute. I basically controlled the game from there, since I was able to get rid of the few Monsters he drew.
-Duel 2: I was able to get his Necrovalley off of the field, so I could double Scrap Dragon him using Scrap Chimera and such.

Round 4: vs Hero Beat

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I didn't let him get his Neos Alius, using Chalice on his Stratos. He didn't have many Monsters, and I was able to get rid of them easily enough. After a while, I played Giant Truande to clear the way for a Scrap Chimera, and won the game from there.
-Duel 2: For most of the duel, neither of us had playable Monsters, so it was basically draw-pass-draw-pass for a while. When he attempted to attack with Spirit Reaper, I flipped Scapegoat to block. I had to draw and pass, and he killed another Token. I drew Scrap Chimera and attacked the Spirit Reaper for damage. He switched it to Defense Position, and I ended up drawing Scrap Beast. I played Giant Trunade, again, allowing me to safely Synchro Summon Naturia Barkion. I attacked with it and Scrap Chimera after using Smashing Ground on his Spirit Reaper. I Set back rows and ended. He tried to summon Neos Alius, but I negated it with Solemn Judgment. He used Miracle Fusion for The Shining, but I flipped Bottomless Trap Hole. He ended up Setting a few back rows, but I just summoned Worm Yagan and pushed for game.

At this point, I was one of the last three undefeated players. So I agreed to a three-way split with the other two. We still played to see who the shop would recognize as the winner for that tournament.

Round 5: vs Machina Gadgets

-Duel 1: We agreed to play with our hands face-up and Convulsion of Nature-style. I saw he had nothing, so I set up my Golem-Goblin loop and won with that.
-Duel 2: We played normally this time, but agreed not to Side Deck. He took control early on, and I attempted to make a comeback with Scrap Golem, but he had one too many back rows, and I lost my Scrap Golem to a Dimensional Prison. He beat me down with Machina Fortress and Rai-Oh after that.
-Duel 3: I won with the Golem-Goblin loop again.
-Duel 4: We played another game for fun. I won with the Golem-Goblin loop, again. During one of the duels, I remember forcing him to use his Set back row with Mystical Space Typhoon because I wanted to protect my Scapegoat. So he attacked with one of his three Machines, I flipped the MST, he Chained the Limiter Removal I targeted, and I flipped Scapegoat. He minused like crazy, especially since one of his Monsters was Machina Fortress. The reason he flipped Limiter Removal was because he would've had game if I didn't have Scapegoat.

Round 6: vs Machina Gadgets

This was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He drew four Gadgets, so I was able to beat him down with Scraps and such.
-Duel 2: He drew three Gadgets, but that didn't stop him from winning with Machina Fortress and such.
-Duel 3: I beat him down with two Worm Xex and Scrap Chimera (I hadn't drawn any Tuners).

So yeah, I ended up going undefeated and getting 1st place again. So, I got the Storm of Ragnarok booster box and split it with my two previous opponents as agreed. My Round 6 opponent pulled a Legendary Six Samurai - Kizan, so that was cool. I pulled a Ghost Rare Odin, an Ultra Rare Atomic Scrap Dragon, and a D.D. Sprit. So it wasn't that good, but it wasn't terrible. Notable Rares include a Doppelwarrior and a Musakani Magatama.

So yeah, once again, this was a pretty good day at locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.