Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tournament Report 8/29/10

I took my Empty Jar deck to locals today, so prepare yourselves for an uneventful tournament report.

Round 1: vs Newbie Dragons

-Duel 1: He was able to rush me with two Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragons.
-Duel 2: I Book of Taiyou'd his Set Lord of D, allowing me to ram Sangan into it and get Morphing Jar to start the combo.
-Duel 3: I got the combo started on the third turn.

Round 2: vs Blackwings

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He Set 4 back rows, but didn't have Monsters. So, I couldn't ram Giant Rat into anything to get its effect. Once he started drawing into Monsters, he used them on Icarus Attacks to destroy everything.
-Duel 2: I got OTK'd.

Round 3: vs Machina Gadgets

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament. He was using the same deck as before.

-Duel 1: I pull off the combo and deck him out.
-Duel 2: He sided in and drew a bunch of anti-meta stuff, like Banisher of the Radiance and Doomcalibur Knight. I had the Books of Moon to stop them from wrecking me, but I never drew into the combo.
-Duel 3: See Duel 2.

Round 4: vs Newbie Deck

I didn't draw the combo in the first duel, but I did in the next two duels.

Round 5: vs Machina Gadgets

-Duel 1: Morphing Jar #2 messed up his two Machina Fortresses. I drew into the combo after a little while.
-Duel 2: I drew the combo early and decked him out.

So, I went 3-2, which is meh. I didn't expect to do all that well with Empty Jar, but it was okay. I'm not planning on taking it to locals ever again, but it was good to have the experience.

I was able to buy three Scrapyards and a Scrap Golem, so Aki and I will be able to make a TCG Scrap deck to use at locals sometime. Luckily, the new ban list takes effect in a few days, so next week's locals will be an interesting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.