Monday, August 23, 2010

Empty Jar

I'm considering playing an Empty Jar deck at locals this weekend. It seems fun (well, for me, anyways...), and people probably won't be able to counter it very well.

My only fear is that somehow people will have D.D. Crow to completely mess up my plans. I was thinking about using Imperial Iron Wall, but that messes with A/D Changer.

Also, I know that some people at locals will try (and fail) to ruleshark me, saying that A/D Changer doesn't flip a face-down Defense Position Monster face-up, or that if I have four Set Spells/Traps, I can't do the Taiyou/Moon combo.

There's also the fact that Empty Jar doesn't FTK consistently, but not many decks do. So, I'm not worried too much about that.

Anyway, it'll be fun to try before the new ban list takes effect, so I might as well try it.

I don't do this often, but I'm going to post the deck list, right here:

Monsters: (13)

Morphing Jar
Morphing Jar #2
Needle Worm x2
Night Assailant
Sangan
Mystic Tomato
Giant Rat x3
A/D Changer x3

Spells: (25)

Book of Eclipse x3
Book of Taiyou x3
Book of Moon x3
Foolish Burial
Magical Stone Excavation x2
Card Destruction
Hand Destruction x2
Upstart Goblin x3
A Feather of the Phoenix x2
The Shallow Grave x2
Pot of Benevolence
Giant Trunade
Magical Mallet

Traps: (2)

Threatening Roar x2

I was going to only use two A/D Changers, but I figured that I could loop Foolish Burial in the place of Book of Taiyou if I used three. They're also pretty convenient overall. Too bad it's effect isn't a Multi-Trigger/Quick Effect.

As for a Side Deck, I always have trouble figuring out what to side for an FTK deck. It's basically siding against what my opponent is going to side against me, but people don't exactly Side Deck Outstanding Dog Marron, so I'd basically be worrying about D.D. Crow. What am I supposed to side, Hero's Rule 2? It seems as though there's not much I can do. So, I still need to decide on what to side...

Actually, Prohibition seems like a pretty good idea. So yeah...

1 comment:

  1. Definitely use Empty Jar. Seeing your opponent's deck go down to zero is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.