Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Random Stuff #17

In 5D's Episode 124, Jack and Dragan get a do-over on their duel from forever ago. They conveniently draw the exact same cards as back then. And, apparently, the documentary about Jack is named, "Lord of the King," instead of "Road of the King." Yay, Engrish!

I just realized that I didn't really talk about the trading I did at Regionals last weekend. So, I'll talk a little bit about that now.

I traded a Naturia Beast for a Solemn Warning. I then traded that Solemn Warning for some stuff, including Deck Devistation Viruses (I've been looking everywhere for them!) and Mist Valley Falcons. I also got a Gold Rare Don Zaloog, since I was considering using some eventually. I also traded an Ultra Rare Enishi and two Gold Rare Grandmasters (sorry, DZH501st. I still have one Rare Grandmaster, though) for a play-set of Common Gravekeeper's Spies. Most importantly, though, I was able to trade for a second Duel Terminal Genex Undine! Now I just need one more, not that I'm playing Genex anymore...

So, I'm trying to make a deck that uses Mist Valley Falcon, since it's a good card. It's also a Wind (Dark Simorgh!) and a Winged Beast (Icarus Attack!). Maybe I'll throw together a Dark Simorgh deck with Main Decked D.D. Crows and Icarus Attacks. It could even be a Vayu Turbo deck... But, to make a deck for the last week of this format would be foolish, so I'll have to wait until next format. I'll be using my Empty Jar deck for locals this weekend, I suppose.

Do I want to continue using Vayu Turbo, though? It gives me an advantage against Trap-heavy decks, since I'm getting pluses by summoning Armageddon Knights and letting them kill my Siroccos. And, it can also be fast enough to beat out Quickdraw decks or Salvo DAD, which are being hyped up for next format.

Maybe I should make a deck using Mist Valleys and Gravekeeper's. Mist Valley Soldier + Gravekeeper's Spy = Level 8 Synchro. There's also the fact that Necrovalley is a pretty good card. I could even start using Malefic Stardust Dragon. It actually sounds like a good idea. I'll think about it...

So, on a non-Yu-Gi-Oh topic, I just played through Kirby Squeak Squad today. Apparently for the fourth time, since when I turned on the game, all of the save files were at 100%. It only took a few hours to complete, but it was still pretty fun. The Amazing Mirror probably took longer, and it was a lot more challenging to get 100%, since you would have to navigate through all of the different stages, which are all interconnected.

Lastly, Aki and I were able to take some Pokemon videos. He'll probably be able to upload them sometime next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.