Saturday, August 7, 2010

Duelist Revolution Sneak Preview

I was there for four hours. It was fun, overall.

Honestly, with all of the rarity jumps, I was just going to trade/buy some of the new cards, and also to get the Scrap Archfiend, which I plan on using.

I pulled Amazoness Shamanism. The rest were garbagy Rares and Commons, except for Scrap Golem. Aki was going to try and trade for a Paradox Fusion, but he pulled it. It looks pretty nice as a Super Rare.

I was able to trade a Super Rare Monster Reincarnation and Rare Symbols of Duty with Secret Rare lettering for a bunch of Genex; including Power Planners, a Duel Terminal Searcher, and a HA02 Windmill; Miracle Synchro Fusion; and two Anti-Magic Prisms. The Prisms seem interesting, since they deal with the ubiquitous Mystical Space Typhoon and Book of Moon. I doubt that I would use them, but they're nice to have.

After that, I was able to buy an Ultra Rare Scrap Dragon for $15. Quite a good deal. Everyone I talked to thought that Scrap Dragon was a terrible card, but they didn't even know its effects and uses. But, I wasn't able to get any Scrap Chimeras, so it'll take a while before I get to make a Scrap Deck. I still plan on making one, though. Hopefully I'll be able to trade for some Scrap stuff at the World Championships next week.

I dueled with one of the people who was ignorant about Scrap Dragon's amazingness about 6 matches. It was pretty even, overall, but he liked to scoop early when I took control of the game. I was playing my Vayu Turbo build with a Cyber Ouroboros engine, and he was basically playing Pineapple Cat without the Naturias. During our numerous duels, he got a call from his friend, offering to sell him two Naturia Pineapples, so I assume that he'll have the deck finished soon.

After that, I dueled against someone whom Aki dueled against. I saw that he was using a Watt deck, including cards from Starstrike Blast. But, when I first dueled him, he used this odd Monarch deck with Dark Simorgh, Super-Nimble Mega Hamster, and a "removal engine." I didn't see the removal engine, but I'm assuming that he would just flip Return from the Different Dimension after removing a bunch of stuff with Dark Simorgh. He almost won the first duel, but I turned it around with about 150 LP left.

After a match with his Monarch deck, he started using his Watt deck. It was pretty good, but it was almost completely dependent on boosting effects like Wattcastle and Wattcache. I was able to win fairly easily with my Vayu Turbo build.

That was basically my whole day. We didn't really get enough cards to make new decks using Duelist Revolution themes (except Amazoness, which we've had enough cards for since Aki got the box of OCG Duelist Revolution and I got Gold Series 3 packs...), but we did make a new Hero variant. What a surprise, right? (Sarcasm, if you couldn't figure it out.)

Regardless, it was a pretty good day. And now, I'm going to upload a lone video we took with me using an Empty Jar deck, so that should be up in an hour or so. And I'm just saying this because I've run out of things to talk about...

2 comments:

  1. Scrap Dragon for 15 dollars = Great deal!!!


    Sounds like things were good at your sneak!! =DDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was pretty good. I wanted to get more good cards, but all of the rarity jumps made that practically impossible. Regardless, it was pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.