Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Waiting on the new ban list...

I'm watching HuskyStarcraft's StarCraft 2 videos while waiting on Pojo for the new ban list...

So, what is there to talk about? Um...

I realized that a bunch of the Genex are Spellcasters (Power Planner, Doctor, Blastfan). So, I looked at the Spellcaster support list on the Wikia. Yeah...Spellcasters don't exactly have a lot of support as a Type. Magical Dimension would allow me to abuse the free plus given by Power Planner, and Magician's Circle could Special Summon Blastfan, but there's not much else.

I didn't say that I got a Duel Terminal Mist Valley Thunder Lord on Day 1 of the World Championships, but I did. It can be Synchro Summoned with a Level 3 Tuner and Mist Valley Falcon/Watcher, which is decent. You can also abuse its effect in a variety of ways.

You can bounce a card that's being targeted by an opponent's destruction effect/attack. It even works during the Damage Step, so if your opponent declares Damage Step Honest/Kalut during battle with another Monster, you can bounce that other Monster to save it. Of course, there's the ability to reuse your own Continuous Spells/Traps.

As I was typing, I saw a real-looking scan on Pojo. Dark Hole AND Monster Reborn Limited? Heavy Storm banned...? What is this craziness...? Looks fun, and at least Frogs and X-Sabers will go away for a while. I think that I'll have to Main Deck Trap Stuns in such a format...

Back to waiting for the Semi/Unlimits.

I want StarCraft 2. It looks fun. I was playing StarCraft 1 earlier today. Just the first three Terran Campaign missions. They were freaking boring. The units are really stupid; they can't figure out the shortest path to the point I want them to go. But, seeing StarCraft 2 videos, the AI for units seems to be exponentially better. Idle units move out of the way when you want to move units by them/build buildings near them. And, you can drop Supply Depots! They go into a little hole underground! When I first saw that, it was so cool. You can have your units walk over it and save space. Of course, you can raise it to put up a wall.

Confirmed Semi-Limits seem to be Chaos Sorcerer (nice), Snipe Hunter (NO!), and Ojama Trio (okay...?). Confirmed Unlimits seem to be Black Rose Dragon (Junk and Debris format), Cyber Dragon (cool), and Goblin Zombie (okay...?). There appear to be two more Semi-Limits and three more Unlimits.

Waiting for the rest...

That was a short wait, it's already up on Pojo. Two Mystical Space Typhoons appear to be legal. Now I've got to get another Ultra Rare or Duel Terminal Mystical Space Typhoon to match the two I have. Or I can just use one of each, which I probably will...

I like that Dark Hole got unbanned. Why? Because I have a Super Rare European English Dark Hole! Monster Reborn seems to be crazy, as does Heavy Storm. This could either be a fast format, with all of the extra revival/Special Summoning, or it could be a super slow format, with Heavy Storm not threatening your back rows. Is it time for the advent of Reckoned Power...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.