Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tournament Report 9/18/10

I went to locals with Scrapkeepers again. I dropped the Main Decked Rai-Ohs for Rykos, which forced me to change up the deck a little bit. I took out a Scrapyard for a Pot of Avarice, and I also added a Scapegoats. I also dropped the double Magic Cylinder for two Dimensional Prisons.

Again, it was a small tournament. There were about 18 people there today.

Round 1: vs ???

This guy's deck was very odd. It used a Reckless Greed draw engine, had Machinas, Gravekeepers, Jinzos, Geartowns, and Mask of Darkness. I didn't even see most of this stuff until later in the tournament.

-Duel 1: I started with Scrap Beast and two Scrap Chimeras in hand. That means I win.
-Duel 2: I used Bottomless Trap Hole on his first Machina Fortress, and Trap Stunned the Call of the Haunted that tried to revive the other. I just kept poking with Scrap Beast for damage for most of the game. Of course, I finished him off with Scrap Dragon.

Round 2: vs X-Sabers

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I started with a Set Scrap Beast and a back row. He used Mind Control, and I laughed, because he wouldn't be able to Synchro Summon with it. He summoned XX-Saber Boggart Knight, XX-Saber Fulhelmknight, and XX-Saber Faultroll. He Synchro Summoned Urbellum with Fulhelmknight and Boggart Knight, then revived Fulhelmknight with Faultroll. I took Fulhelmknight's attack, then flipped Scapegoat. He attacked two tokens, and handed back Scrap Beast. I Synchro Summoned Naturia Beast with Scrap Beast and one token. I then Normal Summoned Scrap Chimera to revive Scrap Beast and Synchro Summon Scrap Dragon. I destroyed my left-over token and his Fulhelmknight, then attacked over his Faultroll. I Set a back row and ended. He Tribute Summoned Caius, removing Scrap Dragon and attacking over Naturia Beast. I don't remember how, but I was able to reverse the situation and win.
-Duel 2: He started with four back rows and a Set Monster. The odds were that the Set Monster was XX-Saber Darksoul or XX-Saber Emmersblade, so I used Giant Trunade to clear his back row, then summoned Banisher of the Radiance. His Set Monster ended up being X-Saber Pashuul, and I lost from there.
-Duel 3: I got the duel down to a top-decking war, and I kept drawing Traps, enabling me to keep getting rid of his Monsters. It turns out that he sided in System Downs, thinking that Scraps were Machines. I hit one with Mystical Space Typhoon, and I found out that after the match, he had drawn both, leaving him with dead cards. Thanks to that, I was able to win fairly easily.

Round 3: vs Blackwings

-Duel 1: He went first, Set Ryko and a back row. I destroyed his Set Royal Oppression with Mystical Space Typhoon, Special Summoned Cyber Dragon and attacked Ryko. Cyber Dragon died, and he milled two Boras, which was good. After a while, he attacked into my Mirror Force with Armed Wing. He Chained Icarus Attack (which was the second one he played that duel, by the way...), and I Chained Scapegoat. Next turn, I Normal Summoned Scrap Beast and Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon. However, on his turn, he Normal Summoned Sirocco, revived Shura with Monster Reborn, then boosted Shura's attack. He attacked my Scrap Dragon, allowing me to revive Scrap Goblin, while he Special Summoned Vayu from his deck. He used it to Synchro Summon Brionac, and bounced Goblin. I didn't draw anything for the next few turns and died.
-Duel 2: It was my turn to control with Brionac, and I ended up beating him down with it and Scrap Chimera.
-Duel 3: He drew Black Whirlwind, Sirocco, Shura, Dark Armed Dragon, and Icarus Attack. That means I lose.

Round 4: vs Newbie Gladiator Beasts

-Duel 1: I started with Scrap Beast and four back rows. I kept getting rid of his Gladiator Beasts with Traps, and I was able to peck away with the Scrap Beast. I won from there; going first in this format is apparently quite important.
-Duel 2: He went first, started with a bunch of back rows and a Rai-Oh. The pivotal moment was when he topped Bestiari to fuse for Gyzarus to destroy the Ryko I had just Set.
-Duel 3: I forgot how I won. I'm pretty sure that it was very similar to the first duel.

So, I ended up getting 2nd place, which is quite good. I sold my XX-Saber Boggart Knights, and used the store credit I won and the money I got from the Boggart Knights to buy a Scrapstorm, and three Duelist Revolution packs. I pulled Scrapyard, an Ultimate Rare Wattchimera, and an Ambitious Gofer.

Also, instead of getting a Turbo Pack 3, I got a Turbo Pack 1. I pulled Grandmaster of the Six Samurai and Ryko, which was pretty awesome. I'm going to start getting Turbo Pack 1's instead of 3's so that I can get more Common Rykos and Books of Moon.

I'm not sure about how I feel about Rykos in a Scrap deck. My mills were usually really bad. I did mill well in Round 2, getting a Beast into the Graveyard for the Chimera in my hand, but I could have won without it. I'll have to see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.