Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tournament Report 9/26/10

I took a changed up Scrap deck to locals today. It uses Dandylions instead of Gravekeepers.

Sundays are generally more competitive than Saturdays, since the winner of a Sunday tournament gets a box. However, because of the two YCS events taking place this weekend, the super-competitive players who travel to those events no matter where they are weren't there.

Round 1: vs X-Sabers

-Duel 1: My opponent dropped Giant Trunade, XX-Saber Boggart Knight, X-Saber Airbellum, and XX-Saber Faultroll on his second turn. I was able to turn the game around, but then he used Dark Hole and swarmed again.
-Duel 2: I controlled the game with Scrap Dragons.
-Duel 3: I used Solemn Judgment on his Hyunlei, giving me control of the game.

Round 2: vs Venoms

-Duel 1: I dropped Giant Trunade, then Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon. He bounced it with Compulsory Evacuation Device, but I cleared the field with two Mystical Space Typhoons and Dark Hole. I Monster Reborned his Gorz for game.
-Duel 2: He didn't draw any Monsters, so I was able to keep control.

Round 3: vs Lightsworn

This was Round 5 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He killed me with Celestia and double Judgment Dragon.
-Duel 2: He drew really badly, and I played around his Gorz to take the game. Having Catastor, Stardust Dragon, and Solemn Judgment helped, too.
-Duel 3: I preemptively used D.D. Crow to prevent a Judgment Dragon play. But, he swarmed the field with Chaos Sorcerer, Lumina, and Wulf, to go with the Gorz he had summoned before. I removed my Scrap Dragon with Chaos Sorcerer and attacked with the rest of his Monsters. I used Mind Control on Chaos Sorcerer, removing Lumina. Then I Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon using Scrap Chimera to destroy Chaos Sorcerer and his one back row (it was a bluff Cold Wave). I attacked over Wulf and left Gorz there, fearing a Celestia play. He passed, and I pushed through his Gorz. He drew Judgment Dragon, summoned it, and activated its effect. I Chained Bottomless Trap Hole, and Scrap Dragon revived Scrap Golem. He sent a card from his hand to the top of his deck for Plaguespreader Zombie, then tributed it for Celestia so that he could suicide with my Scrap Golem, preventing another Scrap Dragon from coming out. We were both top-decking, but he was at 700 LP. I drew Scapegoat and Set it. He drew the card he top-decked for Plaguespreader Zombie and passed. I drew Scrap Goblin and Set it. He drew and passed. I flipped Scapegoat in his End Phase, showed him my Set Scrap Goblin, and he scooped.

Round 4: vs Blackwings

This guy wasn't a newb, but he wasn't very good. Like I said, it's hard to tell when they're playing Blackwings...

-Duel 1: He Set four back rows. I drew Giant Trunade and played it. I went Summoner Monk into Scrap Dragon, then Set a few back rows, including Trap Stun. To top it off, I had Scrap Chimera in hand. I won two turns later.
-Duel 2: He drew both Skill Drain and Royal Oppression. They actually locked him down more than me. I was able to keep pushing through damage with Scrap Tuners, and I finished him off with Scrap Dragon.

So, I was undefeated going into the final round. My opponent was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament. I also just found out his YouTube channel, teamsnipe2010. We decided to split a Duelist Revolution Special Edition Box.

Round 5: vs All-Monster Deck

We were actually able to get someone to film this for us. I'll try to upload the videos tomorrow.

I don't want to ruin the surprise, so I won't say whether I got 1st or 2nd. Regardless, we split the Duelist Revolution Special Edition Box evenly, so we each got five Special Editions. Notable pulls include an Ultra Effect Veiler, Ultra Naturia Bamboo Shoot, Ultimate Voltic Bicorn, Paradox Fusion, and two Super Rush Recklessly.

I got a Turbo Pack 1, getting Book of Moon, Hand Destruction, and Trade-In; another awesome pack. Also, since I'm practically the only one who gets Turbo Pack 1's at my locals anymore, I'll pull that Doomcaliber Knight eventually...

I had some time after the tournament, so I put a dollar in the Duel Terminals and got a D-Hero Malicious. I realized that those were the new Duel Terminal 3's, so I proceeded to waste a bunch more money (really only $17) to try and pull either Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier or Locomotion R-Genex. Unfortunately, I failed, but I pulled some other nice cards. I got R-Genex Magma, Burial from a Different Dimension, Compulsory Evacuation Device, and Fabled Ragin.

So, it was a pretty awesome day. Oddly, the part I liked the most was beating Lightsworn in Round 3. It was just a really fun game.

2 comments:

  1. It was an awesome duel with you. I'm glad you beat the Lightsworn deck. He's the one the took out my team mate because my team mate forgot to search his dark soul... Nice detailed blog. enjoyed it. Thanks for the shout-outs..l

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.