Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Random Stuff #18

It's been a while since I've had one of these Random Stuff posts.

I'm still looking for ways to innovate Scraps. With Scrap Searcher, Scrap Mind Reader, and Scrap Twin Dragon soon to arrive in Starstrike Blast, the theme will become much better. I'm not planning on using Scrap Soldier, since it's silly to just have one more card that's better off in the Graveyard than in the hand. If I want to Synchro Summon Scrap Twin Dragon, I'll use Scrap Golem and Scrap Beast.

So, Gravekeeper's seem to be the most consistent engine for Scraps to be mixed with. Basically, Flip Effect Monsters provide solid support, especially if they can stay on the field afterwards. I don't like Ryko in Scraps, though. Actually, I don't like Ryko very much at all right now. I'll probably do a post on that eventually. Recruiters of some sort would work with Scraps, too, but recruiters aren't very effective in the TCG nowadays. I'll probably do a post on that, as well.

Because of this, phenomenal recruiters like Cherry Inmato can't shine like they should. Dark Plants have an amazing amount of support, and it's especially potent in a format without Brain Control (Mark of the Rose, if my hints were too subtle...). I was thinking about making a Cherry Inmato-based deck, but it might not interact with the TCG meta too well...

Apparently, a new ruling change for Dragunity Aklys has been announced. If Aklys would be destroyed at the same time as the Monster it's equipped to is destroyed, then its effect would activate. Some examples of effects that would fit this new ruling include Black Rose Dragon, Judgment Dragon, and Icarus Attack.

So, it's quite fitting that the three Dragunity Drive Structure Decks that Aki ordered arrived today. We're going to work on a Phalanx-less Dragunity deck so that we can feature them in some videos next week. Once Hidden Arsenal 3 comes out in December, we should be able to get Dragunity Phalanx.

Oh, and in my Chemistry class today, an example of a compound happened to be the ion formed by magnesium and sulfur (magnesium sulfide), which has the formula MgS. It reminded me of the Fabled theme (commonly abbreviated as MGS in the OCG). That's all.

1 comment:

  1. sir....what do you mean buy recruiters?????

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.