Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tournament Report 9/11/10

So, I went to locals today with Scrapkeepers. It was only a small tournament today.

EDIT: I remembered a few more details from Duel 1 of Round 4, so I added those in.

Round 1: vs Newbie Deck

I won...

Round 2: vs Dark World Monarchs

This guy was running a really odd deck. He also had an E-Teleport engine, Cyber Valleys, and Fires of Doomsday.

-Duel 1: I started with a Set Scrap Goblin and some back rows. He summoned Cyber Valley and two back rows. I Set Scrap Beast. In my End Phase, he activated Fires of Doomsday. He removed one token with Cyber Valley to draw two, then tributed the other token for Caius, removing my Goblin. He flipped his other back row, Emergency Teleport, and Synchro Summoned Stardust Dragon. He attacked over my Scrap Beast, but I didn't care because I had Scrap Chimera in hand and Trap Stun Set. I basically won from there.
-Duel 2: He just didn't draw very well, and I won.

Round 3: vs Flamvells

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament. We were getting ready to start, but then the tournament organizer announced that the pairings were messed up. So...

Round 3 (for real): vs Gladiator Beasts

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He started with Stratos for Prisma and four back rows. I started with Summoner Monk, but he negated its summon with Solemn Judgment. I Set some back rows. He summoned Darius and used Test Tiger to switch it out for Bestiari, and he ended up destroying my Magic Cylinder. He attacked with both, putting me at 4700 LP, then tagged out for Laquari. I drew and summoned Scrap Beast. I Mind Controlled Laquari to Synchro Summon Scrap Dragon. I Set the Trap Stun I drew and ended. He summoned Prisma and ended. I drew, then activated Scrap Dragon's effect, targeting his Prisma and my Trap Stun, which I Chained. Scrap Chimera gave me another Scrap Dragon, which destroyed his Stratos, and I attacked for game.
-Duel 2: He Bestiari'd and Gyzarus'd me to destroy my field. I destroyed his Gyzarus somehow, but he revived it with Monster Reborn to destroy the rest of my cards.
-Duel 3: I wasted all of his back rows, so it became a top-decking war. Scraps work best in that situation, which was obvious when he Dark Holed my Scrap Dragon, getting me back a free Scrap Monster. I was able to win off of the advantage from multiple Scrap Dragons.

Round 4: vs X-Sabers

This was the finals. My opponent was my Round 5 opponent from last week.

-Duel 1: He started with some back rows and a Set Monster. I Set Gravekeeper's Spy and two back rows. He Mind Controlled my Spy and Summoned XX-Saber Darksoul. He then flipped Pashuul and Synchro Summoned Mist Wurm. He bounced my Trap Stun, and I Chained Bottomless Trap Hole. Then, I Set two back rows and Scrap Goblin, and he attacked it with XX-Saber Fulhelmknight. I drew Mystical Space Typhoon for my turn. I flipped Call of the Haunted for Gravekeeper's Spy. Then, I flipped Trap Stun, which he considered negating, but didn't. I Synchro Summoned Arcanite Magician and destroyed two of his back rows. I used Mystical Space Typhoon on the last one. Then, I Tribute Summoned Scrap Golem, reviving Goblin to get Scrap Dragon. I destroyed my useless Call of the Haunted and his Fulhelmknight, then attacked directly. He passed his next turn, and I attacked again. Then, he played Dark Hole, but I got back Scrap Golem. He forgot that Scrap Dragon could revive another Scrap, and everyone watching laughed. He scooped.
-Duel 2: He Set some back rows, a Monster and ended. I drew a "meh" hand, and Summoned Rai-Oh to attack. He removed it with Dimensional Prison. I Set four back rows. He Normal Summoned Fulhelmknight and Flip Summoned Darksoul. I had to use Book of Moon on Fulhelmknight to stop the Synchro. I Summoned Scrap Beast to try and attack over the face-down Fulhelmknight, but he had a way to stop it. He was able to swarm with Naturia Beast, Catastor, Faultroll, and Boggart Knight a few turns later.
-Duel 3: I opened with an all-Monster hand and started with Thunder King Rai-Oh. He Set some back rows. I attacked, and he used Book of Moon. In my End Phase, he used Reinforce Truth, which was cool, to Special Summon X-Saber Pashuul. He Normal Summoned Giant Rat, Synchro Summoned Goyo Guardian, then attacked my Rai-Oh to steal it. I used Giant Trunade, Monster Reborned his Giant Rat, and Normal Summoned Scrap Goblin. I used Giant Rat to destroy Rai-Oh, then Synchro Summoned Black Rose Dragon to destroy Goyo Guardian. It was a desperate play, but it was my best option. He Summoned another Giant Rat and attacked directly, then re-Set his two back rows. I Set a second Scrap Goblin. He attacked it and Set XX-Saber Darksoul. I used Nobleman of Crossout to remove his Darksoul, the I summoned Scrap Beast. He responded with Bottomless Trap Hole, but I had Mind Control to steal his Giant Rat. I Synchro Summoned Scrap Archfiend and attacked directly. He summoned Fulhelmknight and Set a Trap. I attacked into Mirror Force, then Set Gravekeeper's Guard. He summoned another Fulhelmknight and attacked. He took some damage, and I bounced his second Fulhelmknight. I Summoned Scrap Chimera, reviving a Goblin, and used Goblin and Guard for Arcanite Magician. I used it to destroy his Set Spell/Trap and Fulhelmknight, then attacked directly with Chimera. He Normal Summoned the second Fulhelmknight again, and Set a back row. I tributed Scrap Chimera for Scrap Golem and tried to revive Goblin. He used Crevice into the Different Dimension to remove both of my Goblins. I attacked to force Fulhelmknight's negation effect, and ended. He summoned yet another Fulhelmknight. I revived Chimera with Golem and attacked twice to destroy one Fulhelmknight and force the effect of the other. He Set a back row and ended. I activated Scrapyard, but he used Solemn Judgment. I drew the Scrap Beast I would've searched for next turn, but I ended up destroying a Reinforce Truth, which he Chained, with Scrap Dragon's effect. I Dark Holed and ended. He was top-decking, but I had Scrap Chimera in hand, so the XX-Saber Boggart Knight he drew was useless.

So, I went undefeated and got first place! But, since it was such a small tournament, I didn't get that much store credit. I did get enough to get a Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste tin, though. I pulled Shield Wing, but nothing else that was notable.

Apparently, Scraps are better than I thought. I thought that the lack of non-Tuners would hurt the deck's consistency, but it's not as bad as I had expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.