Monday, February 21, 2011

Tournament Report 2/21/11

So, I went to locals with my Scrap Worms deck.

I played on the Duel Terminal to get the new Duel Terminal 4 cards. I didn't pull anything worth mentioning outside of Genex Ally Triarm and The Fabled Unicore.

Round 1: vs Gravekeeper's

-Duel 1: He went first and opened with Royal Tribute, ripping three Monsters out of my hand. Obviously, I lost.
-Duel 2: He opened with Royal Tribute again, and I was force to use Solemn Judgment, since my hand was all-Monsters. I controlled the game from there and was able to win, seeing as I had cards in my hand this time.
-Duel 3: I stopped drawing Monsters after a while and got beat down by a Descendant. Not a good way to start the day.

Round 2: vs Newbie Six Samurai

-Duel 1: I whittled him down, since he didn't open with Gateway. I was all set up to kill him on my next turn, with his last three cards being an Enishi, Shien's Chancellor on the field and a Legendary Six Samurai - Mizuho and a Great Shogun Shien in hand. He drew Six Samurai United, activated it, and summoned Mizuho. He sent the United to the Graveyard to draw a card; if he drew Kizan or Grandmaster, he would win, if not, I would win. He drew Grandmaster...
-Duel 2: I don't remember how I won. I remember Puppet Plant and Black Rose Dragon played a part in it, though.
-Duel 3: His hand was really bad, all incoherent Monsters. So, I dropped XX-Saber Gottoms and Stardust Dragon to lock down the game.

Round 3: vs Dimensional Eatos

-Duel 1: He opened with Guardian Eatos, Neos Alius, Gemini Spark, Dimensional Fissure, and some other stuff. I drew all-Monsters, so I couldn't fight back.
-Duel 2: I don't remember how I won. I know that Ryko was helpful, though.
-Duel 3: I Synchro Summoned Avenging Knight Parshath, because he was forced to keep Setting Monsters as a defense. He used Book of Moon on Parshath so that he could destroy it with Nobleman of Crossout. But then, I Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon, and there wasn't much he could do.

Round 4: vs Debris Plants

-Duel 1: I swarmed with Scrap Dragon and a Chimera loop.
-Duel 2: I swarmed with Scrap Golem, finishing off of his last defense of two Fluff Tokens with Avenging Knight Parshath.

Round 5: vs ...

This was my Round 3 opponent from this tournament. He had to leave, so he just gave me the win.

Round 6: vs Volcanics

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament. He knew that all I had to do to win was summon Scrap Dragon, so when that happened, he scooped. He also knew that it was pointless to try to beat Scraps with a slow-paced Burn deck, so he gave me the win.

So yeah, I went 5-1, kinda, and got 5th or 6th place or something like that. Instead of getting Turbo Pack 4, I opted to get Starstrike Blast, since Turbo Pack 4 is horrible. I pulled a Gravekeeper's Recruiter, which I sold for $3, which went into the Duel Terminal.

So, I guess it was a fairly good day overall.

3 comments:

  1. What do you side for Gravekeepers? I've been using Malevolent Catastrophe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @defaultisset

    Banisher of the Radiance, Cyber Dragon, Nobleman of Crossout, Dust Tornado, and two Smashing Ground. My Mystical Space Typhoons are Main Decked, as well as a Dust Tornado.

    I was considering Malevolent Catastrophe, but I don't like that it gets hit by Starlight Road. With the decline in the use of Starlight Road by Gravekeeper's players, I might consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just like Malevolent for match-ups with a lot of set cards. These include Macro, Gravekeepers, Gladiator Beast, and Blackwings. I foresee the card being good against Dragunity, but Dusts might be better (To stop Canyon before it can be used).

    It does lose out to Starlight Road, but I feel that many people will side out Starlight against a Scrap deck, as Scrap Dragon destroys one card at a time. This is when you side into Malevolent Catastrophe.

    I do like the idea of siding into Smashing for that match-up, and it can easily be used for many other decks.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.