Thursday, February 3, 2011

Black Garden

I saw trynet's Black Garden deck video after reading his tournament report, and the deck seems pretty amazing. The amazing part about it is that it doesn't rely on Black Garden, but effectively incorporates it into the deck.

So yeah, that's the type of deck I'm considering switching to. I obviously don't have two Pots of Duality (I just traded the one I did have for two Solemn Warnings...), so I'm going to have some spots open to tech some random cards.

The reason given for why the deck was 42 cards is that drawing into multiple Volcanic Shells is terrible, which I agree with. That's why I want to keep the deck at 42, even without the two Duality. So, the first thing I thought of replacing them with was Legacy of Yata-Garasu. It keeps the deck at 42 while essentially thinning it when I draw it, and can also act as a bluff to draw out MST and what-not.

I'm still trying to figure out some other ideas, though. If there's something better that I overlooked, then I would consider using it.

Also, Breaker in the Main Deck instead of Amazoness Sage. I know why Amazoness Sage can be good, since it gets under Bottomless Trap Hole and can keep destroying back rows. The downside is that it has to attack successfully and not die in battle or by an effect before the end of the Damage Step.

With this deck, I'm also worried about the Six Samurai match-up. It can prevent a huge swarm from taking place if my opponent doesn't get it off before I can even make a move, but it can't retaliate very well against a huge swarm. The best bet in that situation would be a Blaze Accelerator that somehow gets past Shi En (that's how Konami decided to split the name; at least with the apostrophe it looked nicer...). Based on Destruction Jammer's rulings, Musakani Magatama cannot negate Blaze Accelerator, so that's nice.

So yeah, I'm probably going to be working with some sort of Black Garden deck soon. If Heavy Storm comes off of the ban list, then I'll probably switch back to Scraps. They'll be more viable then, anyway, and I wouldn't have to use Anti-Stun tactics.

Also, if you haven't noticed, I've resumed uploading duel videos. My Scrap Worms deck is actually going to be featured tomorrow, if all goes according to schedule.

3 comments:

  1. Can I get a link to the tourney report?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a link to the tournament report...

    http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=907037

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.