Saturday, January 29, 2011

Regionals Report 1/29/11

I went to Regionals today with my Scrap Worm deck. I met with vadangchoinga, Riku, and one of Riku's friends.

I decided to trade my Pot of Duality for two Solemn Warnings, which is exactly what happened. So, I was already really happy with that. I was also able to pick up a play-set of Gold Rare Don Zaloogs, which I needed for a new deck.

Unfortunately, the tournament didn't turn out so well...

Round 1: vs Dragons (?) - OXX
-This guy was running part Hopeless Dragons, part Rock Stun. It was weird, but apparently it was effective. I feel that I could have won if he didn't draw Future Fusion in games two and three, though. It is an idea, though, using Future Fusion to basically plus-3 off of three Red-Eyes Wyverns and a Red-Eyes Metal Darkness Dragon.

Round 2: vs Spellcasters - OO
-I destroyed my Solemn Warnings for Scrap Dragon's effect. They weren't exactly helpful.

Round 3: vs Machina Gadgets - OXX
-He used two Solemn Warnings, Royal Oppression (once, I chained MST), and Solemn Judgment in the first duel. He dropped to 250 LP, so I could win with a Scrap Chimera. I forgot what exactly happened in the second duel, but I lost the third duel to Royal Oppression and multiple Doomcaliber Knights and Rai-Ohs.

Round 4: vs X-Sabers - OXX
-In the first duel, I Scrap Dragon'd him. In the second duel, he went Cold Wave, Boggart Knight, Emmesblade, double Faultroll. I couldn't draw anything in the third duel, and he swarmed me again.

With that, I dropped. But, I joined a Win-a-Box tournament.

Round 1: vs Zombies - XOO
-I really liked this guy's Zombie deck, and we discussed it after the match. The only problem I have with Zombies right now is that they're too slow. Anyway, I got killed by Brionac in the first duel, I killed him with a Scrap Dragon in the second duel, and I controlled him with Scrap Dragon and Solemn Warning in the third duel.

Round 2: vs Chaos Blackwings - OO
-I was up against Riku. My one mained Effect Veiler saved me in the first duel, and I won the second duel in a top-decking war.

Round 3: vs Debris Lightsworn - XX
-In both duels, he opened with two Solar Recharges. He pulled out Shooting Star Dragon and revealed three Tuners to kill me in the first duel. In the second duel, I lost four cards to a Cold Wave/Debris Dragon into Black Rose Dragon play, but Judgment Dragon was what killed me.

So, dueling didn't go that well today, but I did get a bunch of good trades. I got a Scrap Dragon, Catastor, Blackwing Armor Master, three Genex Ally Duradark (kill those Shi'ens!), and Scrap Mind Reader. There were numerous non-holo cards that I got, too.

I also got to take some videos with my friends. Some of them are going to me on my channel, while others should be going up on vadangchoinga's channel.

So yeah, it was pretty fun today, even though I scrubbed out of the tournament.

1 comment:

  1. What's most important is that you did indeed have fun lol

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.