Monday, January 24, 2011

Random Stuff #24

There will not be videos this week, because Aki was busy and stuff. I may have the time to post some sort of deck profile or some such thing, but it's doubtful.

Apparently YCS Anaheim is scheduled for April 9-10. That's cool, since I should be able to go. Good thing it's after the ban list. That'll certainly make it interesting.

There are actually quite a few big events coming up. This Saturday is a Regional, then the Storm of Ragnarok Sneak Preview. The weekend after that is a 1K tournament, and after that is another Wii/Xbox 360 tournament. I'm happy about the Regional, but February is going to be filled with Six Samurai craziness.

Hopefully, the ban list will deal with Six Samurai, not to mention the other problems with the format. I'll probably post a hopes for the ban list thing again.

Side Decking is quite difficult when so many decks are viable, especially when I'm playing a fragile deck like Scraps. Unless I draw awesomely and/or side in like ten cards, it's hard to beat bad match-ups.

It's hard to switch to a new deck, though. My Scrap build is exactly what I would want in a deck. A controlling deck that has the ability to make a huge reversal with just one card (Scrap Chimera) if need be. It's kind of like how Monarchs were for me, before Necro Gardna got messed up by Lightsworn. I also liked Vayu Turbo, but it's dead this format because of Stun, specifically Gravekeeper's.

So yeah, my Necro Monarchy, Vayu Turbo, and Scrap decks were the only decks I really liked. That's kinda sad. I'm sure that I would like X-Sabers, if I had the money to buy Emmersblades...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.