Sunday, January 16, 2011

Worm Junk

This is the first idea I've actually liked for a new deck. It's like Scraps in a way, but it has more variation. Take note that I just threw this deck together today, so it's nowhere near perfect. I just worked off of the framework for the Scrap Worm deck, or whatever you want to call it.

Monsters: (20)

Chaos Sorcerer x2
Cyber Dragon x2
Worm Xex x3
Armageddon Knight
Worm Yagan x2
Junk Synchron x3
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Sangan
Vengeful Shinobi
Worm Linx
Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
Plaguespreader Zombie
Effect Veiler

Spells: (14)

Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Giant Trunade
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Mind Control
Allure of Darkness
Pot of Avarice
Pot of Duality
Gold Sarcophagus
Reinforcement of the Army
Tuning x2
Dark Eruption

Traps: (6)

Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Solemn Judgment
Dust Tornado

Extra Deck: (15)

Ally of Justice Decisive Armor
Mist Wurm
Infernity Doom Dragon
Scrap Dragon
Colossal Fighter
Junk Destroyer
Stardust Dragon
Scrap Archfiend
Black Rose Dragon
Goyo Guardian
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Magical Android
Junk Warrior
Ally of Justice Catastor x2

There are only three Junk Synchron targets. No, I'm not crazy. Worm Xex doesn't only dump Worm Yagan; it can dump Worm Linx, too. Armageddon Knight can dump Vengeful Shinobi. I can also search Vengeful Shinobi with Reinforcement of the Army, and Sangan can search all three targets.

By the way, I chose Worm Linx over Worm Opera and Worm Falco because it can do something if it survives. But now, I'm considering Worm Opera because it helps against Stun decks. This is all in the event that I draw the Level 2 Worm, of course. Otherwise, it's just something I'd dump with Worm Xex if I don't have another target in the Graveyard already.

I don't like Pot of Avarice, so I only have one in the deck. It conflicts with Chaos Sorcerer, Worm Yagan, Junk Synchron, Plaguespreader Zombie, Monster Reborn, and Dark Eruption. So yeah, I don't like dead draws.

I chose Dust Tornado over Call of the Haunted because I don't like losing to Gravekeeper's. I actually haven't lost to Gravekeeper's in a tournament match, yet. I'd like to keep it that way.

The Extra Deck is a little odd, but in a good way. Having access to AOJ Decisive Armor means that I don't have to care as much about the Lightsworn match-up, which is nice.

In this deck, I feel that having two Catastors is necessary. Junk Synchron is just so easily accessible now, so I would most likely draw into a second copy before being able to recycle the first Catastor. Testing may prove otherwise, since Junk Synchron can be used for other stuff, like the aforementioned Decisive Armor, Junk Destroyer, Infernity Doom Dragon, and such.

I want to fit a Junk Archer in the Extra Deck because it's cool, but I wouldn't know what to take out. If I find that I only need one Catastor, then I could take one out for the Junk Archer. I want to keep the Junk Warrior, though. It's an easy out to Catastor, oddly enough.

I just realized that I would want some space for a Chimeratech Fortress Dragon as well. I actually haven't used it for quite a while, so it may not be necessary in the Main Deck. It may not be necessary at all, since Machina Gadgets are almost non-existent at my locals and as a threat.

Well, I'm going to work with this deck a little and see if I can make it competitive. Until then, I'll just have to continue using Scraps.

2 comments:

  1. thats alot of monster

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous

    Yeah, I would cut it down, but it's hard with this type of deck. It would most likely involve overhauling the basic strategy, which is okay, since this is just a first draft, essentially.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.