Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tournament Report 1/8/11

So, I went to locals with the exact same deck as I did last weekend. The Worms were awesome, as usual.

Before the tournament, I talked a bit with my Round 3 opponent from this tournament. JC also happened to be there..

Round 1: vs Newbie Deck

Um, yeah... Somehow, he didn't kill my tiebreakers, actually.

Round 2: vs Gravekeeper's

My opponent was a pretty cool guy. He was kind of new to Yu-Gi-Oh, as he had been playing Magic the Gathering, so he wasn't that familiar with the game. He was still pretty good, though.

-Duel 1: I knew that he was playing Gravekeeper's so I wasted all of my Graveyard-based cards before he played Necrovalley. With that, I had two Scrap Dragons on the field, and he scooped when I decimated his field.
-Duel 2: He locked me down with a bunch of Traps and Necrovalley, and he kept drawing Monsters after I got rid of them.
-Duel 3: This duel went into time, since the second game took so long. He only drew one Monster, which I got rid of, and I was able to attack directly with Banisher of the Radiance. He couldn't get through my field and deal enough damage before the last turns were up, so I won.

Round 3: vs Debris Lightsworn

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He started with an Aurkus, which was okay. But on his second turn, he Foolish Burial'd for Wulf, which he tributed for Celestia, which milled another Wulf. And like that, I dropped down to 2400 LP. If I hadn't topped Dark Hole, I would have died the next turn. Even so, I had to play defensively, otherwise his Set Solemn Warning would have left me open, and I would have died much quicker. Either way, he was able to kill me with Judgment Dragon.
-Duel 2: He didn't draw well, and I beat him down with Scrap Beast for two turns. Then, he Set Ryko. I destroyed his lone Set Trap with Mystical Space Typhoon, then dropped Cyber Dragon and Scrap Goblin to Synchro Summon Avenging Knight Parshath. I pierced the Ryko, and used Forbidden Chalice to stop its effect. He then summoned Lyla and ended his turn. I switched it to Defense Position with Parshath's effect and attacked it for game.
-Duel 3: He started with Solar Recharge, discarding Garoth, milling Dandylion and Glow-Up Bulb. He then used Charge of the Light Brigade, searching Lumina. He used Glow-Up Bulb's effect, then Synchro Summoned Formula Synchron to draw. Lumina was summoned, discarding Spore to revive Garoth. Spore removed Dandylion, then was Tuned to the last Fluff Token to Synchro Summon Catastor. He had four Monsters with five cards in hand. I Special Summoned Cyber Dragon and passed priority. He declined to do anything, so I was able to fuse for Chimeratech Fortress Dragon with 3000 ATK. I pushed through and held off with it for a little while, but he used Beckoning Light for two Judgment Dragons and Lumina, so I got OTK'd.

Round 4: vs Blackwings

My opponent was JC. He was using a Blackwing deck he borrowed from a friend.

-Duel 1: He started with Black Whirlwind and Dark Armed Dragon, and my hand wasn't that great. I got him down to top-decking, but I was top-decking myself. He topped Dark Creator, and I was at 2000 LP.
-Duel 2: He had game, with Dark Armed Dragon, but he misplayed. So I was able to go for game with Scrap Twin Dragon.
-Duel 3: He dropped me down to 1000 LP, and once I had gotten rid of all of his cards, he topped Blizzard...

Round 5: vs Cyberdarks

-Duel 1: I killed him with Scrap Dragon and such.
-Duel 2: Same as the first duel.

So, I ended up going X-2, again. It's quite saddening. I want to switch decks, but I want to continue using Worm Xex and Yagan, and I'm not sure of what deck I would even switch to. So yeah, I'll probably continue to use Scraps with Worms.

6 comments:

  1. If you play Banisher against that have better beat sticks than him, you have to protect him!

    I only side Banisher against decks like Plants who hardly have any beatsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MaX

    Do you mean against Gravekeeper's? Banisher of the Radiance is really good against them if you can keep Necrovalley off of the field, because it removes their Recruiters and hinders Stele. It also prevents them from searching Necrovalley with Commandant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah banisher is broken aginst gravekeepers oh by the way you know that lvl 1 alien card that when it summoned you can get a lvl 4 or lower alien from your graveyard and synchro into a lvl 5 kinda like junk and debris well you can use alien hippno which is a water and a lvl 4 gemini !!!!!!!!!!!!! any idea's grunty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AgentRustyS

    I've already considered Alien Hypno as a Gemini, but it's not worth using, even in an Alien deck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i mean you can use it with gemini spark with neo alius and its a water for miricle fusion plus its a target for you lvl 1 alien tuner dude or you can run another lvl 1 alien go into foluma synchro lots of possiblitys tell me what you think

    ReplyDelete
  6. @AgentRustyS

    I know what you meant, but Gemini Lancer is better as a Level 4 Water Gemini, and Level 5 Synchros aren't worth running Alien Ammonite and Alien Hypno for.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.