Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tournament Report 12/19/10

Aki was supposed to come with me, but he wasn't able to. So, that should explain why there might not be any new videos for a little while.

As usual, I went with Scrap Anti-Stun. I might consider changing it, since most of the people at my locals have stopped playing Stun decks... I'll see what happens...

Round 1: vs Hopeless Dragons

This was my Round 2 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He dropped me down to 1000 LP, so I had to play cautiously. I eventually was able to destroy all of his Monsters and deplete his hand, allowing me to push with Scrap Dragons.
-Duel 2: He didn't draw many Monsters, which helped me win. After he took an attack from Scrap Beast, used Solemn Judgment, and then used Seven Tools, he was down to 2200 LP. I attacked directly with Cyber Dragon and activated Forbidden Chalice for game.

Round 2: vs Frog Monarchs

-Duel 1: I lost to generic Frog Monarchs shenanigans, such as double Caius.
-Duel 2: He didn't get to his Treeborn Frog, so I just kept pushing with Scrap Dragons.
-Duel 3: I removed his Treeborn Frog with Banisher of the Radiance, so I worked to keep Monsters off of his side of the field so he couldn't summon Monarchs. I was successful, so I won.

Round 3: vs Debris Plants

-Duel 1: I lost to generic Plant shenanigans and Royal Decree.
-Duel 2: I pushed through a bunch of damage with Rai-Oh and Brionac. But then he summoned Lonefire Blossom to go for Tytannial to kill my Brionac. I waited out for a good opportunity to take control, and when that arose, I did with Dark Hole and Monster Reborn. He stalled behind Enemy Controller and Book of Moon, after which he topped Debris Dragon three turns in a row. I couldn't come back from that.

Round 4: vs Debris Lightsworn

This was my Round 1 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: He built up a field of Lumina, Garoth, Iron Chain Dragon, Stardust Dragon, and Judgment Dragon. Scrap Goblin held him off for a turn, but he eventually destroyed it with Judgment Dragon.
-Duel 2: I thought that I would be more conservative with my Spells/Traps, so I only Set a Bottomless Trap Hole. He opened with Charge of the Light Brigade, milling Wulf and Glow-Up Bulb, searching Lumina. Next, he used Foolish Burial for Dandylion. He Synchro Summoned Formula Synchron using a Token and the Glow-Up Bulb, then Tribute Summoned Celestia using the Wulf. He destroyed my Set Scrap Goblin, and I Chained the Bottomless. However, he milled the second Dandylion, so he had three Tokens with which to Synchro. As such, he Synchro Summoned Catastor and attacked directly. The following turn, he destroyed my Mirror Force with Lyla, and I was doomed. I was even more doomed when he dropped Judgment Dragon.

There was one more round, but I decided to drop and watch other people play. So I didn't win anything, and my Turbo Pack 4 was bad.

I can't really do much more to combat Lightsworn, since they're based entirely on luck and don't have one central weakness that I could abuse. However, my Round 4 opponent from this tournament suggested Power Filter to combat (Quickdraw) Plants and Frog Monarchs. I still like Zombie World because it destroys Necrovalley, but Gravekeeper's aren't as bad as a match-up as those other two decks, oddly. I'll have to see how they fit into my Side Deck; I'll probably drop some Anti-Stun cards...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.