Sunday, December 12, 2010

Regionals Report 12/11/10

I went to Regionals again with Scrap Anti-Stun. If only this format wasn't so weird, then I could actually play something a little more creative.

So, I met up with Yugilo, Yusei JB, and some of their friends before the tournament started. I pulled another Ultimate Rare Glow-Up Bulb from the entry packs, and I promptly traded it (and some other stuff) for two Super Rare Royal Decrees (and some other stuff). I decided to replace the two Seven Tools of the Bandit (one in the Main Deck and the other in the Side Deck) with the two Royal Decrees. They worked out quite well.

Round 1: vs Newbie E-Heroes - OO
-I felt bad for the little kid and my tiebreakers...

Round 2: vs Debris Plants - XX
-In the first game, he milled Dandylion and Glow-Up Bulb with Card Trooper, and drew into two of his Debris Dragons. In the second game, he started with Dandylion in hand, and drew into all of his Debris Dragons. The only reason I was able to live in the second game was because he kept misplaying while I had Zombie World out. He tried to do Plant stuff, like use Lonefire Blossom's or Spore's effects.

Round 3: vs Frog Monarchs - XOX
-I lost the first game because he kept drawing Caius and such. I won the second game because of Zombie World. I lost the third game in time, as I couldn't get through his drop-hand battle protection cards (Battle Fader, Gorz, Tragoedia).

Round 4: vs Perfect Herald - OO
-He didn't get Herald of Perfection out even once. He could have gotten it out in the second duel if I hadn't had Naturia Beast on the field...

Round 5: vs Infernities - OO
-I just rushed him in the first duel with Scrap Dragons. In the second duel, he thought he had game, but he didn't, and misplayed.

Round 6: vs Debris Plants - XOO
-He OTK'd me in the first game with Dandylion, Debris Dragon, and Spore shenanigans. I pushed through a mess load of damage in the second game with Rai-Oh and Scrap Beast over two turns, using Compulsory Evacuation Device to bounce his Set Monster. He didn't draw well at all in the third game, and I rushed him with Scraps and such.

Round 7: vs Blackwings - OO
-This guy wasn't exactly very good, so it wasn't hard to win.

Round 8: vs Stun - OXO
-This duel was another example of how knowing rulings can win you games. I resolved Forbidden Chalice on his Stardust Dragon, and he tried to negate my Mystical Space Typhoon. The floor judge ruled it incorrectly, so I appealed to the head judge, who ruled correctly that Stardust Dragon's effect would still be negated. He was in control, but losing his Stardust Dragon lost him the first duel. Royal Decree was also very helpful in locking down his back row.

Round 9: vs Blackwings - OXO
-I rushed him with Scrap Golem in game one, so it was practically impossible for him to come back. He OTK'd me in the second duel with the help of Dark Armed Dragon and Vayu. I forced the third duel into a top-decking contest and won.

Round 10: vs Lightsworn - OO
-This guy was really cool, so we were joking around throughout the match. I was in control for all of the first duel, having multiple outs to his Judgment Dragons. He thought that he was in a good position with a Judgment Dragon on the field (his only card) and four cards left in deck (with one being the second Judgment Dragon). I had Cyber Dragon and Scrap Chimera in hand, and drew into Solemn Judgment. So yeah, I won the first duel fairly decisively. Expecting me to have Forbidden Chalice, he threw his Judgment Dragon down early in the second duel, only to lose it to Bottomless Trap Hole. So I beat him down with Rai-Oh from there.

In the end, I went X-2, which is fairly decent, getting 23rd place, which is also decent. I won four packs, one of which had another Formula Synchron. So that was nice.

I did a lot of trading during the event, contrary to what I expected to be doing. I traded away quite a few cards I didn't need, while getting stuff like Malefic Blue-Eyes White Dragons and R-Genex for new decks. I still need some more cards for those two decks, but I should be able to make a Kinka-byo deck.

So yeah, it was a pretty fun Regional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.