Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tournament Report 12/26/10

So, I went to locals today with Scrap Anti-Stun. I'm planning on using a different deck next weekend, so I'll see how that works out.

Before the tournament started, I played a few duels with Yusei JB from Yugilo's channel. Yugilo recorded the first two, and they'll be up on his channel sometime soon.

Round 1: vs Scraps

This was my Round 4 opponent from this tournament.

-Duel 1: This duel took 30 minutes. It was really back and forth, but he drew into his Chimeras at more opportune times than I did. I drew the third one when he already had control over the game.
-Duel 2: I rushed him with Scrap Twin Dragon, which he destroyed with Torrential Tribute. So I revived the Scrap Golem I used to summon it, and Synchro Summoned XX-Saber Gottoms. That Gottoms basically won me the game, since I shut down his attempts to get rid of it.
-Duel 3: Since the first duel took so long, we started this game in sudden death. I Dark Holed his Set Scrap Goblin and summoned Scrap Beast. Against his three Set back rows, and with no defensive cards, I declined to attack, playing around a possible Mirror Force or Book of Moon. With that, I Set two Forbidden Chalice. With D.D. Crow in hand, I was safe if he had Scrap Chimera. But, he moved my Scrap Beast out of the way with Mind Control and attacked with a Ryko for game.

Round 2: vs Flamvell Lightsworn

-Duel 1: He dropped three Synchros on the field with Rekindling. However, I had milled Scrap Golem with Ryko, and was also fortunate enough to have a Call of the Haunted Set. Not only that, after I Synchro Summoned Scrap Dragon, I used Giant Trunade to reset my Call of the Haunted. Even with Gorz, he couldn't stop me from taking the duel with Scrap Twin Dragon.
-Duel 2: I died to Judgment Dragon.
-Duel 3: I controlled the game with Scrap Dragon, keeping more than enough resources in hand to get rid of a swarm, should he top Judgment Dragon. Either way, he didn't, so I won fairly easily.

Round 3: vs Newbie Quickdraw

This guy was really annoying. I just ran him through with Scraps.

Round 4: vs Watts

This was the same Watt player from this tournament.

-Duel 1: I started with Royal Decree, which was good. Later, I Synchro Summoned Naturia Beast. So yeah, I won.
-Duel 2: I held out and whittled down his back row. Then, with Scrap Beast on the field, I flipped Scapegoat in his End Phase. I Synchro Summoned Naturia Beast and Naturia Barkion, using the Scrap Beast, all of the tokens, and a Scrap Goblin from my hand. So yeah, I won.

Round 5: vs Naturias

-Duel 1: He messed me up with Burden of the Mighty and Naturia Fruitfly. But, he got too greedy and attacked with four Monsters on the field, letting my Mirror Force destroy them all. I used Scrap Golem to Synchro Summon Scrap Twin Dragon to make small pushes each turn, leading to victory.
-Duel 2: He swarmed with Pumpkin, two Hydrangeas, and Cherries. He Synchro Summoned Iron Chain Dragon with the Cherries and one Hydrangea, then pushed through a bunch of damage. However, he misplayed against my Set Snowman Eater, attacking it with Hydrangea, letting me destroy Iron Chain Dragon, and keeping my Snowman Eater alive. After that, I ran over his Naturia Cliff with Scrap Beast, then Synchro Summoned Black Rose Dragon to destroy the field. He was top-decking, and I had a bunch of cards in hand. It didn't help that he drew Naturia Bambooshoot for the next two turns. So I was able to win fairly easily.

Because this was a Sunday tournament, and because I only had one loss, I got a Hobby League Shining Angel. The Turbo Pack 4 didn't have a holo; therefore, it was bad.

I didn't really play against any meta decks, which is what I wanted to happen so that I could test out my Side Deck. Either way, I'm probably going to be using a different deck next weekend. If it works out like I hope, then it'll be pretty awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation has been enabled. Your comments will not appear until they are approved. Also, if you are waiting for a reply, don't forget to subscribe to this post.